Chapter 5

© All Rights Reserved

"Are you okay Abbs?" Nathan asked for the fifth time. After the kiss we shared outside, we went inside but I didn't bother going back to my friends. I was texting Sarah at least. She wanted to know if I was okay. I told her I was fine. Which was partly true. I wasn't mad at her, just mad at Seb for the way he acted. She understood which I was glad she did. Out of my group of friends Sarah understood me the most. We were like sisters. We grew up together so of course we were close.

"Abbs you okay?" Nathan asked again.

"Yeah I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me. I'm doing just fine." I said looking down at my lap. I felt Nathan's fingers bringing my chin up so that I was looking right into his eyes.

"I know when your lying. I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"Because it's my fault that he acted like that. If I didn't come here then he wouldn't have acted the way he was acting right now." By 'he', I knew he meant Seb.

"You don't need to apologize for how he acted. I mean he is just trying to protect me because of you know." Nathan nodded and guilt flashed across his eyes. "But that still didn't give him the right to act the way he did." Which was true. It's one thing to be overprotective, but to be a total bitch, it's just uncalled for.

"I know but still." I smiled at the thought that Nathan and me were getting along like the way we used to. "What are you smiling at?"

"Just that me and you can always talk as if nothing had happened, you know? It amazes that we could still talk like we used to. Other people would hate you for what you did and I know I should but the thing is I don't. I don't hate you, I mean I did at first but all of a sudden I don't hate you. It's kind of like, it's impossible to hate you. Other people wouldn't handle the situation like we are. It just feels weird that after everything we can still be talking like normal people." I blushed realizing I just rambled on and on.

I looked up to see Nathan with an amused expression on his face. I guess my rambling on and on about us is amusing to him but it was embarrassing for me.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"Don't be. And I guess we aren't normal people. And I do agree with you on one part." He said smiling sadly.

"Which?"

"You should hate me." He said softly. Guilt flashed across his eyes. As much as I should hate him for what he did, I couldn't. I didn't know why, maybe it was the way I felt about and around him. Maybe because we've been through alot together. He was there for me when my parents divorced and he knew what it felt like. Everyone deserves a second chance.

"But I don't."

"What?"

"You said everybody deserves a second chance but I don't." I stared at his face. He was being completely serious. I know what he did was hurtful and that I should hate him. But I don't. I gave my dad a second chance, and even though what he did was wrong, I forgave him and because I did, we were back to normal.

"I know you regret what you did, but still. I'm giving you a second chance Nathan. Take it and don't screw it up, because if you do, I will not forgive you again." I said looking directly into his green eyes, letting him know that I was serious.

"I won't." He said, a slow smile spreading across his face. He leant forward and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Good."

"Abagail Gold, your up next." I looked up to see Mrs.Hart on the stage, calling my name. Okay I'll be fine, everything will turn out great. Just have to do my best and I'll be fine.