Chapter 6 - Part 2

© All Rights Reserved

"So where are we going?" James asked me while playing with the radio station.

"Have you ate?" I asked. I was feeling a little hungry, afterall I did miss breakfast and lunch. I kept getting none stop texts and calls from my friends so I ended up just turning off my phone. I really didn't want to talk to them about what happened. No doubt they already heard about it.

"Nope," he said popping the 'p'.

"Then let's go eat," I said. We drove in a comfortable silence. James and I had always been close. We grew up together. I really did consider him my brother. Sarah never knew I got along with James. He would tease me and Sarah when we were growing up but when it came down to it, he was always there. Sometimes James and I spent hours talking on the phone. He would always tell me of how he liked working for the company he works in and he awlays tell me about the girl he doesn't seem to have the courage to go up and talk to. James had brown hair and blue eyes just like Sarah. I pulled up to the diner we would usually go to as kids. They had the best milkshakes ever.

James and I got out of the car and walked into the diner. The smell of food hit me and my stomach growled. James laughed. We waited in line and then it was our turn to take our orders. James ordered his usual and so did I. James got the chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and fries on the side with a chocolate milkshake. I got the cheeseburger special. It had melted cheese and avacado in it. It may seem nasty but it's super good. I also got my vanilla milkshake. James and I sat down in one of the booths and talked while we waited for our food, which I happily paid for, much to James' dismay.

"So what happened Abby?" James asked.

"Lots," I said quietly. "I don't even know where to begin."

"How about from the beginning?"

"This morning I found my mom and dad...," I went on telling him everything that happened from the scene I saw this morning to the part where I was making breakfast when I got the call. I told him the short conversation that was shared over the phone and when I got angry and threw the phone at my dad, then to confronting him and then speeding off to school. By the time I was done, James sat there with a shocked expression.

"I'm so sorry Abby," James said. I just shrugged. I really wish that none of this happened today. I really wish that I hadn't woken up today. James cleared his throat and I look up to meet his eyes, which were full of sympathy. "What else happened today?" He asked quietly.

Before I could answer the waitress came over with our food. The smell of the food made my mouth water. Wow guess I was really hungry. James and I ate in silence. I knew I could talk to James about anything but could I talk to him about Nathan. He knew who Nathan was. He would sometimes hang out at Sarah's house when I was there. James met him before. Did I really want to talk about? Well yes and no. Halfway done with my burger I decided to turn on my phone.

I wasn't surprised that I had a ton of missed calls, texts, and voicemails. I snorted and put my phone down.

"What?" James asked.

"I have 67 missed calls, 45 texts, and 18 voicemails," I said. A ton of calls were from Sarah and Ryan. About half the texts were from Seb. And I had 7 voicemails from Kate and 4 from Hanna.

"Wow, that's a lot. They must really care for you Abby," James said. Yeah they do care for me and I care for them too.

"So what happened Abby? You know I'm going to find out eventually." I sighed. I know he's going to find out either way so I might as well tell him.

I opened my mouth to tell him what happened when my phone beeped. I checked to see if it was one of my friends. But it wasn't. It was from an unknown number. I opened the text and tears sprung to my eyes.