Chapter 21

© All Rights Reserved

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"What was he wearing?"

"Where was he at?"

"When was the last time you talked to him?"

Questions after questions were being fired at all of us. After I had hung up on Sarah, Seb and I had rushed down to the police station. Somehow this place was becoming just a normal place to be. When we got here, Kate had explained what had happened. Apparently, Ryan was one of the last people to leave. Sarah had called him, but he didn't pick up. She didn't think much of it, until the morning. Sarah had gotten a worried call from Ryan's mother. Ryan hadn't returned last night. She had hoped with all her heart that Ryan had just crashed at one of our houses, but that wasn't the case. The police were, at this very moment, checking Nathan's house.

The police continued their questioning. After we had all answered them, truthfully, we left. I wiped the tears from my eyes and headed towards my car.

"Abby," Seb whispered. He gently put his hand on my shoulder, but I just shook it off.

"I-I," I paused, then continued. "I need some time alone." I turned around and looked him in the eyes. He nodded, sadly. He kissed my lips and I jumped in my car and took off. I didn't know where I was driving but I was driving. I don't know what in the hell possessed me to drive here, but I felt like maybe I'd get some answers here.

I parked across the street and locked my car. I tightned my sweater as the cold wind picked up. I pressed the the button letting him know I was there.

"Hello?"

"It's me," I said. "Can we talk?" I asked. My voice broke slightly towards the end.

"Abby?" His voice sounded shocked to here my voice.

"Yeah," I croaked.

"Hold up," he said. I heard a click and a buzzer go off. The gate slowly opened and I walked inside. I knocked on the door. I stood outside before it was swung open.

"Abby... are you okay?" I shook my head and then the tears came out. I was pulled into a hug. I sobbed on his shoulders. He hugged me tighter, which only resulted in my crying harder.

"H-he's g-gone," I croaked. I wrapped my arms around Nathan's waist. and cried until my head hurt.

"We'll find him Abbs," he told me. I so badly wanted to believe it. Where in the hell had Ryan gone? Why? Who would do this? Was this just some sick game? I was tired of playing games. I was really determined to find out who the hell did this.

Nathan talked to me and I tried talking to him. He told that he'll help look for Ryan. Where would we search, I have no idea. But I wasn't going to give up easily.

I left shortly after that. I went back home and layed in my bed. My cell rang and I answered it, not even bothering to check who it was.

"Hello," I mumbled.

"Why so sad dear Abagail?" I sprang up from my bed. My heart sped up.

"What do you want!?" I yelled.

"I told you what I wanted," he said. "This is what you get for not listening to me." I heard him laugh. What the hell is wrong with this sick bastard? "Break up with your boyfriend."

"What does that have to with this situation? Seb has nothing to do with this!"

"Oh dear little Abagail. He has to do with everything. He's the reason your friends are getting hurt. He's the reason I'm doing this," he said. His voice sent chills down my spine, and not the good ones.