9 - Save Henry

"We're waiting!" He yelled. Purple smoke appeared in front of our cell, and when it cleared, the Evil Queen was standing there. "What took you so long, dearie?" He asked. "You know what took so long," Regina said, turning around. "Oh, yes. The curse. You did it," He said.

"That's right. I did it. And I wanted you to know it. Before you both, like all the pathetic denizens of this retched land, forget everything," She sneered. "How did it feel?" He asked. "Watching the curse clouds form? Felt like victory," She said, and he giggled. "No, how did it feel to kill the thing you love most? Ripping the heart out of your father. How did that feel?" He asked. "It was the price of the curse. How it felt doesn't matter. He would've understood. I took my life back. I had to. I won," She said.

"And yet, here you are, feeling the need to gloat. Something's missing, isn't it, dearie?" He asked. "Not at all. I have everything I want. Nothing can stop me now," She said, and he giggled. "Not quite," He said. "What does that mean?" She asked. "The Savior. The child of Snow White and Prince Charming. She can stop you. She can break the curse," He said.

"Well, it looks like getting rid of a baby just made my to-do list," Regina said. "Of course it did. But even if you succeed with that, you have an even bigger problem. Now there's a hole...in your heart. And someday, you will come to me to fill it," He said. "You overestimate your powers of foresight. I noticed the bird hasn't chirped. I wonder why," She said. "And you underestimate the price of what you've done! You shall see, you will come to me there is more you need, oh!" He sang. "Your taunts will get you nowhere. I know you too well. You wanna make another deal. Well, I won't," She spat.

"A deal? You've already promised me a good life in this new land. What more can I want from you?" He asked. "Oh, to be...let out of this cage? To....be let out of our last deal? To escape the curse?" She asked. "But why would I desire that, dearie? I'm exactly where I want to be,"

-

Oh, god. Is he unconscious?" Emma asked. "Henry, can you hear us?" Regina asked. "He passed out as soon as his heart went into Pan," Neal said. "Is he breathing?" Regina asked. "Just hang in there, buddy," Neal said.

"What the hell'd you do to him?" Emma asked. "Oh, I didn't do anything, Emma. It was Henry. He offered me his heart of his own free will," He said. Emma stood up and drew her sword. "I'm gonna take it back from you," Emma said, running at him, but he warped to another place. "I don't think you have it in you. Rumplestiltskin didn't. Why should you?" He asked, and I stood up, drawing my sword.

"What the hell did you do to my father?" I yelled, pointing my sword at him. "Why, he's right in this box, safe and sound and out of the way. Unfortunately for you, he can't hurt me anymore. And neither can you," He said. "Really? How did that feel?" I asked, slashing his arm. "Like a tickle," He sneered. He started rising again, then flew out the window.

"How is he?" Emma asked. "You're gonna be alright, Henry. We're gonna get you home," Regina said.

-

The doorbell jingled and I looked up from my spot behind the counter to see Regina. "I need to speak to your father," She said. "Okay," I said, grabbing my cane. I limped to the back to find my father looking over one of his books. "Madam Mayor needs to see you," I said, and he went into the front. "I need a child, Gold. And I need your help," Regina said.

"Well, I'm flattered, but uninterested," He said. "Not like that. I spent all morning talking to adoption agencies. The wait-lists are over two years long. But you, Gold, you know how to cut through red tape. And if anyone can work the system and find me a baby, it's you," Regina said. "You wish to adopt?" He asked. "Well, don't look so surprised," She said. "Oh, I'm not. I'm sure you'll make a...well, a mother of some sort," He said.