Graveyard Shift (GaLe)

Gajeel had just exited the shop he worked at. Vermillion Books&Games. He took out his cigarette and lighter as he stared into the sky. He knew it was going to be a long night ahead of him as he had a graveyard shift with another one of his co-workers. She worked in the bookstore section and he worked in the video game section.

Suddenly, after he took his first blow from his cig, he heard a whole lot of fussing around the corner of the shop.

"No, no! Lucy Lucky Heartfilia, don't you dare hang up on me!" His petite little co-worker, Levy, shouted into her phone. A smirk formed upon his lips seeing how worked up she got.

"What the fuck! What the fuck?" She stared at her phone after Lucy had hung up on her to go fool around with her boyfriend, Natsu.

"Uh...hey there, shrimp." He descended from the shadows.

"What do you want, Gajeel?" She hissed at him, rather snappy.

"Woah, woah. You good?" He asked, his voice showing concern. Although he teased her...a lot, and called her all sorts of stupid nicknames, he cared about her. He did have a crush on her, after all.

"I'm sorry I-I reacted that way. My roommate isn't bringing me my dinner like we planned. I'm starving , I haven't ate all day," she sighed as she stared at her call log. Suddenly, to back that statement up, her stomach began to grumble.

"Here, you can have mine." He handed her a red package that read 'Curry Ramen' on the front of it.

In an instant, Levy's cheeks lit up as she was blushing at his nice gesture. She knew she wanted it, but she felt wrong if she just took his food because her friend was too busy banging to bring her own.

"G-Gajeel, I couldn't." She wore a crooked smile as her tiny hands pushed the ramen away.

"But I offered it to you. You're not just taking it. Plus, I had a big lunch...and breakfast." A small grin tugged on his lips.

"T-Thank you so much Gajeel," she smiled softly before gently taking the ramen from between his strong fingers. Gajeel only let out his signature 'Gihi.'

"Let's get inside, our shift is about to begin," Levy broke the silence that had fell upon them. Gajeel nodded before following behind the bluenette.

It had been about two hours before Gajeel had decided to leave his section of the store. His footsteps had awoke Levy from her position at the cash register with a romcom novel in her hand and noodle bowl by her side.

"Gah!" She jumped up.

"Chill Shrimp, it's just me," he let out a little chuckle.

"Oh my gosh, that's not funny Gajeel!" Levy threw her book at him but unfortunate enough for her, he caught it.

"The shops running slow as hell," Levy pointed out before she stretched. There had only been a few stragglers in their first hour open who either wanted erotic books to quench their thirst in the middle of the night, or cheap video games because they're broke and have nothing better to do on spring break.

Gajeel could definitely agree. If anything, he was getting bored and it's usually never boring in the shop. A lot of the time, during their day jobs, groups of kids would loiter and give Levy a scare or two and then there were the people who genuinely enjoyed reading and gaming. Most of the customers' faces were well known but every now and then, some new people would drop by.

For example, you had MiraJane, the one who loves to read books about vampires and whatnot. Then, there was Wendy who'd only stop by to buy D list movies about magic. And last but not least, Gray. He only came to buy R rated movies, books and games. Pretty much anything porn related. Although, this topic is neither here nor there.