Chapter 8: stitched together

Parker{POV}

I leave her with the last words I might ever say to her. At least she knew how I felt. I know someone like me isn't supposed to like someone like her, she is a down to earth, sacrcastic, smart, beautiful, and perfect.

I remeber the first day I met her I was 6 she was 5 about to turn 6 she told me. She was wearing these things on her leg that her mom had when before we were born she called them tattoo necklaces, I told her they were on her leg not her neck. She smiled at me sat cris crose apple sauce with more on her anckles right above her grey socks and she told me she liked them better that way.

I lied to her when I told her I didn't rember us being friends, I just didn't want her to remeber me as the kid who stole her best friend, left her, and never even thought about saying sorry. All the regret was eating me up I felt pathetic. I never asked her once if she was okay when I saw her eating all by her self.I never helped her up when people would knock her over. I couldn't even think about my self and not be in digust.

The doctor came in 10 minutes later and I couldn't help myself from being so nervous.

"The good news is Katherine is alive, but she has hard breathing and minor head injuries. If you didn't take her to the hospital as fast as you did Mr. Adams, Katherine wouldn't of made it."

I nod. Unable to say anything or tears might come. At least I saved her. I know I might be the biggest Ass hole on earth, but I saved her.

Katie went into surgery to stitch up her head wound. She had to have a cast put on her from her fractured arm but the doctor said it could come off in 3 weeks. A couple hours later I walk in to her room and her eyes open instantly shooting me a smile like she remebered what I said.

"Hey baby how are you feeling?"

"Like shit, but that doesn't matter because, Parker you saved my life."

She looked at me and smiled with tears in her eyes. "Parker I would be dead if you weren't there."

By now I was crying full on and she was too. The way tears slid down her perfect face made my heart melt like butter.

"Katie you deserve the world you deserve the whole damn universe, I would not have let you go even if it killed me."

"Are you saying you would die for me?"

"Yes that is exactly what I am saying because Katie I lo..."

I stop what I am saying and I look at her cherry colored face, just then Drew walks in saving me from total embarrasent because I know she doesn't feel the same way. To her I'm just some big brother she never had.

"Kate, I am so sorry I couldn't be here sooner my mom wouldn't let me leave school, my best friend is in the hospital and my mom is worried about school."

"Drew its fine I was just in surgery anyway its not like you would see me."

"Ya whatever I still would like to be here."

Drew turns towards me and says, "As much as I would like to thank you for saving Kates life you know this did happen because of you, Kristine only pushed her because she was walking with you." Drew poked my chest.

I realized she was right this was all my fault. I liked Kate except I was still fooling around and now I did all of this to her. I almost got Katie killed!

"Drew he didn't..."

I cut her off, "No she is right I am just causing you trouble Im just going to leave."

"Parker wait please don't leave me."She pleaded.

"Why Katie so you can almost die again, Drew is right you are better off without me."