Chapter 2: my secret

My fist is still settled in his hand the tension has loosened but the shock of electricity wakes me up like a warm cup of coffee. The bones in my body have turned into jelly and I drop my hand, but my eyes never loose his. I alsways am confused when I look at someone because your eyes can only focus on one thing you cannot look at a persons whole face and trust me I have tried, but for now I am lost in his eyes shrap and defined, but not like anything I have ever seen in my life. Before I know it the bell rings.

He chuckles and says, "take a picture it lasts longer."

Wow so cliche was that really the best he could think of. I make an unsettling noise and turn to the front of the class where Mr. Polture is giving us a lecture about our first assignment. I usually zone out at this point beacause he gives a sheet of paper with basically everything he said.

"for this project you will be working with groups of two... and your parnter must be one of the people sitting beside you."

I turn my head away from parker so fast I think I must have whiplash. Im looking for the other person that sits next to me, but it seems they have already found a partner of their own. I slowly turn my head back to parker with a frown on my face. His smile is so wide it almost make me want to kiss him... ALMOST want to kiss him.

"Hey partner," he says like he knows he is annoying the hell out of me.

"listen I don't know what kind of brain you got in that pretty boy little head of yours, but I'm sure its not a very bright one. I on the other hand want to do well in this class so I can obtain college credits."

"I happen to be very smart," he crosses his arms which only accentuates his muscles, "we are in the same class if you havent realized."

"Oh I have the question is have you."

I mean we sat next to eachother for god sakes and then he didnt know we went to the same school let alone same class.

"Hey! I was just messing with you baby."

"Oh yeah sure you were."

He smiled and winked. The problem with him is he was hot and he knew it too, but thats not where it ends he let everyone else know he knew it too, he was a concedied arrogant prick, but I didnt care about him that much to get all heated about it.

After 30 minutes or so of listening to Parker ramble about all his dumb ideas for the project the bell rang and it couldn't have happened an slower. I jumped from my seat and went to my next class and god was it boring and you could have guessed it, the rest of the day went bye the same. I ate alone in the cafeteria like usual far away from parkers table so he couldnt see me,but if i lent in a certain way I could see him. He looked the same as usual gorgeous because I'm not going to lie Parker was beautiful, but he had a blonde bimbo sitting on his lap so I turned away and ate luch in complete silence. After school I walked back to parkers house becuase I didnt expect him to give me a ride back becuase I'm pretty sure he was embaressed that I was staying at his house.

I finally arrived at the mansion and walked inside toward the kitchen where I got myself a glass of water and a sandwich. As I looked up I met a pair of unfarmiliar eyes, I think his name was Josiah but I wasnt sure.

"Uhhhhh who are you?," he said in confusion.

"I-I I'm uhh Kate."

"And what are you doing here...Kate."

"well thats a long story lets just say my stay here is only temporary."

"Oh i get it you banged parker, he doesnt usually let them stay over..."

"Ewww no my mom is a friend of his moms I'm staying here for a little while."

" Oh on that case would you like to play mario kart with us, it just me parker and a couple of the other guys, Im Josiah by the way."

"well josiah I don't think parker would be pleased in my apperance at your guy's little play date."

"fuck Parker, he can be a dick sometimes."

I raise an eye brow. "Sometimes..."

"Yeah you have a point, but trust me I will be here to protect you."

I laugh and my cheecks begin to reddin."Ok"

We walk into the living room and imediately Parker turns his head to look at us.

"Baby," he says suprised.

"Listen my name is not baby its Kate incase you have forgotten again."

"I haven't forgotten baby. I just like to call you that."

"Well cut it out."

"Make me."

The tensoin between us is so high right now im sure everyone in the room feels it. The current game of mario cart has been paused mouths are open and I'm pretty sure i heard someone mutter oh my god. My cheecks flare up so much I can feel the pain in my chest. I will not cry I refuse to cry.

I brush the look off my face straighten up brush ny sweaty palms on my jeans and say, "whatever douche face."

I walk up to my room and fight the urge to look back. I shut the door fall down on my bed and cry. Not becuase of him or anyone of those boys, but becuase I miss my mom and I wish right now she was with me more than ever. My thoughts of her surround me and the pain is overwhelming so it brings me to sleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night with labored breather. I imediately grab my vest and hook it up to the machine and press on. Without getting all technical on you guys, a vest is something that has a shit tone off air being blawn into it enough to make my whole body vibrake and shake up the mucus in my lungs so i can breathe normally.

My bedroom door opens ands I turn the machine off. Parker is stanging in my door way not wearing a shirt he looks at my with wide eyes and all I can do is stare back at him. The last thing I want him to do is find out about my disease.

"what the hell are you doing." he says.

"nothing, just get out."

"What the hell is that."

"Im not going to answer any of your questions parker just get out of my room."

He stares at me wide eyed one last time before he finally shuts the door. I turn it back on knowing that he is listneing to me on the other side of the door. I realize what is eventually going to happen.

"I have to do it," i whisper to myself, "i will.

I take the vest off before I finally again find sleep.

%%%%%%%%%

Im scared to think about what today brings me I wasnt ready for this. Its my secret, mine only mine. I should be the one to say it when I'm ready I will know.

I walk down stairs in my jean and a top that again almost shows off my belly peircing. I am waiting for Parker to drive me to school becuase the walk home yeasterday was horrible. I sit in silence on the kitchen counter eating a banana thinking about the day before and the day to come. Even in my home this was my favorite thing to do.

Parker finally comes down stairs and says, "ready."

"Yup." I lie.

We get in the car and make the drive to school.

"Kate." What he never called me Kate. "Are you going to tell me what happened last night."

And I won't lie to you in that moment looking into Parker's eyes made a chill go up my spine. There was something so breathe taking about this moment in time. You know the song on those Hershey commercials that goes 'I'll stop the world and melt with you' yeah well as cheesy as it sounds that's what staring at him felt like. I never thought a moment could be this perfect with another human being. In that second I realized I was almost ready, but not quite.

"Parker there are many things in my life that I don't like people knowing and these are just one of these things. I'm not dying or anything." I lied. "It's just something that takes time you know."

"Yeah I understand."

When we got out of the car Parker hugged me in his warm arms which only reminded me of my dad and how I longed for him to hold me back.