Chapter 4: The color Nude

As soon as Saturday comes around I'm embarssed to say that I'm really nerveous for the party. There are a million what ifs that could happen and I am a big believer in what ifs, I could fall down the stairs and die, get alchohol poisoning and die, get beat up and die, or even get kidnapped and die. Since I already know when I'm going to die so death just seems more open to me. A shiver goes up my spine and then I dont feel scared anymore because either way I know I'm going to die.

No less than a minute later I get a call from Drew telling me she is going to meet me here so we can get ready for the party. In all honesty I don't even know what a real High School party is like, I have only seen the ones in the movies so all my judgement is from that. I wipe my palms on my sheets because I'm starting to sweat because of how nervous i am.

Drew walks into my room. "Ok party starts in one hour so we dont have a lot of time... what have you been doing all day?"

"Watching netflix," I say shyly.

"Thats what I thought now get your lazy ass out of bed so we can get you ready."

"Fine."

I groan and attempt to get myself out of bed falling on the floor as a result. Drew laughs so hard I see tears come down her face.

"Stop its not funny." I throw a pillow at her.

"Im sorry but it is kind of hilarious."

I roll out of my sheets on the floor and stand up. I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the floor heater. I walk over to the sink and brush my teeth like there is no tomorrow because god knows my breath is stale. I look towards Drew who is setting her makeup out on the counter and I am amazed by how much there is. She is almost like a makeup artist.

"you dont even wear a lot of make up to schoo."

"I know its just for special occasions."

I nod my head. There are somethings I just dont get and makeup is one of them, but the way Drew puts it on me leaves me amazed. I haven't felt this good in along time. I looked over at Drew and she smiles from ear to ear knowing how I feel too. I hug her because for once in my life, I have a best friend.

"You know how much I love this girl bonding stuff I have to do my own make up."

"Okay, I will leave you to it."

I watch her as she curls her hair slightly at the bottom and applies a natural amountof makeup to her face making her look breat taking, if I thought she could bea model know she could definetly be one before. She is gorgeous, so many girls would kill to look like her including me.

"So are you ready to get your party," she asks me.

"Yup." I say as we head downstairs.

We are driving toward Todd O'neil's house and it would be an understatement to say I am freaking out. My hands keep on sweating no matter how many times I wipe then on my dress and I can't stop shaking not because it's cold or anything I'm just so damn scared.

"Uh Kate are you okay?"

"No, I'm freaking out."

"Don't be, you look gorgeous. Nothing is going to go wrong I promise and besides your kick ass best friend will be here to protect you. With a friend like me nothing can go wrong." She says it so confidently so I believe her.

"Your right, you are absolutely right."

We walk into Todd's house and it is pretty big, but not as big as Parkers house. The smell of alcohol is everywhere and people are dancing and grinding on each other like animals. Drew picks up drinks for us and I immediately take a sip. To enjoy this place you definitely have to be drunk.