Chapter 5: emotions get the best of us

Kate{POV}
I woke up in the morning not wanting to be the person I am. I can't look at my phone to see the horrible things that people have written about me, things that might as well be true. I let him have control over me and he still does he got what he wanted, he wanted me to be afraid and I was. I still am. And I will forever and always will be afraid of him. The man who abused me, the man who almost rapped me, the man who ridiculed me and the people that watched.

My heart aches with pain, my stomach churns with disgust, my soul fills with sorrow, and my brain seeks revenge. No emotion stronger than the other. Every one has an even wait that has been placed on me to a point of suffocation. I replay the memory that is all to fresh in my brain. I remember when he took off my dress and held me down. I remember when people started watching. I remember when they got out their phones. And most of all I remember how my heart broke when I stared into Parkers eyes.

I can't think about him, it will only make my life worse. My life that was already horrible in its reality and somehow made worse by the action of one person. And no I'm not talking about the person that ripped my clothes off, the other person that held me down, the people that recorded me, or the people that laughed. I might have been ok if Parker didn't stare at me like I was helpless like I was just the next victim on a list.

I started to cry. It wasn't a little cry with a continual wiping of tears that just stream down your face and occasional sniffles. This was a cry that made your body shake and rattle until your breathing hitched after every sob you would make. I cried so hard that I started to cough and cough and cough and I couldn't stop. I was choking. I couldn't breathe. I tried to reach my inhaler, but my chest was on fire. I was going to die right now in this bed because of Parker Adams.

And as if on command he runs through the door and I point to my purse. He throws it to me and I search my bag for the inhaler. I find it and give my self four puffs just to be safe. I let out a few more coughs until my breathing was back in rhythm and I knew I was going to be ok.

Now the hard part. Parker was standing in my room with his face wrapped in horror like I did die. His face was so pale I swear he went down 3 skin tones. I wasn't scared because that has happened before, but I looked at him back the same way because I was amazed that he actually helped me he actually cared.

"So what was that like an asthma attack?"

"Sure."

"Why are you lying to me."

"I'm not lying."

"Ok you don't have to tell me, but I know for a fact that wasn't an asthma attack."

Parker{POV}
All night I didn't sleep at all replaying the moment in my head over and over again thinking of what I could have done. Facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat, youtube, you name it she is all over and now it is out of my contol. I have been rewatching the videos all night not because I think its funny, but because I need to see the hurt in her eyes when she finally stares into mine, I want to know how she felt at that moment.

I know I can't change the things that have happened, but that makes me even more upset. Why did I just stand there, I could of done enything, but I decided to stand and stare just like the rest of the people. I feel like crying and that is saying a lot because I never cry ever. Last night was the first time I cried in years. I cried because the emotions were just too much for me, seeing a helpless girl naked on the ground that stared out you with eyes screaming for me to help, I got all the signals read all the signs, but i just couldnt get it through that thick skull of mine.

I wonder what Katie was feeling right now. I mean I was feeling pretty shitty and it didnt even happen to me, it happened to her and as much as i tried to ignore it I could hear her sobbing in her room. She was broken i could imagine her shaking and looking down at her hands as the tears fell down onto them.