Chapter 1

She sat still as she could, eyes on her lap, and her hands neatly placed on top of the other. Her short hair, cut to a perfect bob, was not long enough to hide her terrified expression. The room was dimly lit, and housed some of the most important people in Konaha. Her father, the Uchiha Clan's Head, and the Hokage sat around the decorate tea setting. Both her and Uchiha Heir sat facing each other, beside their fathers. The tea sat untouched in front of both of them.

The Uchiha Heir did not give her a single glance, despite her body being the premises of the gathering. But, why would he? She was weak, incapable, as her father would remind her consistently. Despite having entered the Shinobi academy with the rest of her peers, she still demonstrated unsightly behavior for a Hyuga. She had average grades, and average performance. Thus, her father decided to use her as a chess piece.

Here she was, at the tender age of 10, engaged. To the most sought hand in the village, Itachi Uchiha. Her dreams of blond haired children, with big blue eyes grew more and more distant as the conversation progressed. Naruto, the one whom she had loved for years, could not save her from this. Even she, nor the Uchiha Heir could save themselves. It was being set by people much more influential then she could ever be, nor imagine. After all, she was the failure of the Hyuga name. An unworthy Shinobi, and an unworthy Heir.

She was to marry him if she did not excel among her peers. But how could she? The two smartest people in her class were in a whole world away from her. Sakura Haruno, a brain worthy of the smartest girl of their year. Then, Sasuke Uchiha, the most talented of their year. She looked at Itachi, the older brother of the one she would have to best. Did she even have a chance?

The marriage would take place when she had her first blood, from there, she would be expected to become his wife and bare him children. Not Naruto's wife, but Itachi's. With her body, she would strengthen the ties between the two clans, and end their long rivalry.

The room was heavy with the topic of if she would receive the caged bird seal or not. The Hyuga pushed it, while the Uchiha only lightly disagreed. In the end, it did not affect the offspring, so the Uchiha let it be. She would be placed under the seal, she trembled. It was a cruel thing, yet she was unable to bring herself to voice her opinion.

"If Hinata Hyuga does not show the qualities expected of her by the time of her first blood, she will be placed under the caged bird seal, and married to the Uchiha Heir, Itachi Uchiha." The Hokage's voice rumbled, finalizing that part of the contract. Her father, and the Uchiha head confirmed their agreement.

"Any children with the Hyuga's Kekkei Genkai will either be adopted to the main branch, or they will be forced to bare the caged bird seal. Any children with the Uchiha's Kekkei Genkai will be left under the care of Itachi Uchiha and Hinata Hyuuga." Another part planned out.

Her eyes trailed over to her fiancé, the protegee Itachi Uchiha. He was the gem of Konaha, people admired him to a point of godliness.

Yet, here she was, imagining Naruto's blue eyes, tanned skin, and huge smile.

Tears welled in her eyes at the next part, the part that trapped her. "If Hinata Hyuga succeeds in showing ability worth her clans expectations, Hinabi Hyuga will undergo the caged bird seal and be given to the Uchiha's second son, Sasuke Uchiha as his bride." She clenched her hands, fighting the tears with all her might. She would not force her little sister to be sold, her body treated as a mule for breeding.

She stared at Itachi, a boy who had already grown into the body of a man, and forced a weak smile. He stared at her, expression not moving a fraction. He was everything her father wanted her to be; strong, articulate, skilled, and had no need for things like weakness.

Yet here they were, in this together.

She was going to marry Itachi Uchiha, for the sake of her little sister.