Chapter 58

Katniss' POV

His eyes droop ever so slowly. Not enough to know his time is up. Lying by his side is what he wants and is getting. Our fingers entwined like they always are. My eyes gazing into the blue eyes of his.

Our time is nearly up. Our final moments are to be spent with each other.

Tears roll down my cheeks and Peeta slowly stretches his wrinkled hand to wipe away the tears, like he always does.

"I'll always be with you. You know that." He croaks and I sadly smile. "We finally became happy." Peeta reminds us.

"Yeah; we are still and always will be." I reply.

"Always." he murmurs. The world becomes silent and I'm scared that was his last word but when I saw his eyes still alive, relief washes over me.

"Katniss, I'll never be able to explain to you my love towards you. I'll never be able to describe how I've had such an amazing life since you re-entered it after the war. You are my whole life and I thank you for being there for me every second of the life we've carried out together." I smile towards him and squeeze his hands.

"Will you stay with me, real or not real?" He asks me.

"Real because that's what you and I do, stay with each other. I love you Peeta." I state and Peeta chuckles softly.

"I love you too Katniss."

I slowly inch my body closer to his. My lips soon make contact with his and we share a short kiss. One I'll treasure. I always treasure our kisses but this one might be our last.

"Will you stay with me?" I ask him as his eyes begin to glass over.

"Always Kat." He says his final words with a smile and his eyes glass over. He closes his eyes and his beating heart stops beating.
I frown, Peeta has died. My husband and lover has left me. By my loving side and soon I am to join him.

My mind becomes a movie, playing out the memories of my life.

From when my dad was alive to the day Prim was born. Meeting Gale and getting reaped into the 74th games. Befriending Peeta and getting reaped into the games again. Falling in love with Peeta. Loosing Peeta to the Capitol. Watching the war tear my world and soul apart. Getting Peeta and myself back. Having a proper relationship with Peeta after the war. My engagement to Peeta. My wedding. The moment I found I was pregnant to the moment I became a mother. The milestones quickly flash by Willow's childhood and repeats with my pregnancy with Rye and his childhood, our children progressing further in life and getting married. Developing family and meeting our grandchildren. To today. Where I lie, on my death bed.

I spread a smile across my face as they draw to a close. How my life had carried out. How the worst parts lead to the greatest and happiest part of my life.

"I love you." I murmur as I think of all the family alive now. Our children and grandchildren. Daughter and son in-law. And Peeta.

"I'm coming." I whisper to my original family and the world blurs. The light surrounding me becomes brighter and I plunge away from the world I knew into a world I had dreamt of for so long.

A/N: OH MY GOSH GUYS!! THAT CHAPTER WAS SO HARD TO WRITE I DIDN'T WANT TO KILL THEM!!! JUST AN EPILOGUE TO GO NOW!