Chapter 24

Peeta's POV

"Daddy. Daddy!" I hear a little voice whine and feel hands trying to shake me.

"Daddy wake up!" Willow whines but I keep my eyes closed.

"Willow?" I hear Katniss ask as she wakes up. The sheets rustle beside me and I know she has woken on her side.

Willow gasps and her footsteps move and must head towards Katniss' side of the bed.

"Mummy! Guess what today is!?" Willow exclaims excitedly.

"What day?" Katniss pretends to ask, even though we both now what happened exactly 5 years ago.

"It's my birthday!" Willow exclaims and I feel it's my cue to wake up. I pretend to stretch and open my eyes.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! It's my birthday today!" Willow screams and runs to me.

"Really? No it isn't, it's Mummy's." I joke.

"No Daddy!" Willow laughs before adding. "It's mine!"

"I know. Of course I'd never forget pumpkin." I comment sitting up and placing her on my lap.

"The big number 5!" I say and hold up one hand and smiling. Willow holds up 5 fingers and I smile.

"Happy birthday Willow." I say and give my sweet daughter a hug. I let her out of my embrace and she hugs Katniss.

"Happy birthday sweetie." Katniss says before Willow let's go and sits back on my lap.

"You know, Mummy and I have a surprise for you." I start and Katniss sits up beside me.

"Is it a birthday present? When can I open it!?" Willow asks excitedly.

"No Willow, you can't open it." Katniss says and Willow pouts.

"Why?" Willow asks and looks at me.

"Because it's in mummy's tummy Willow." I answer and place a hand on Katniss' slight bump.

"What's in mummy's tummy?" Willow asks curiously and Katnias answers.

"You're baby brother or sister Willow." Katniss smiles and Willow gasps.

"I'm going to be a big sister!?" Willow asks us and Katniss and I nod. Willow screams in joy and gives me a big hug. I smile and kiss Willow's head.

"Happy birthday." I whisper before she gives Katniss another big hug. Katniss smiles, tears in her eyes, and hugs Willow back. Katniss kisses Willow before letting her out of the embrace.

Katniss lowers the sheets on top of her and then lifts my shirt she's wearing up to reveal her stomach.

Willow looks in amazement.

"You wanna touch?" Katniss asks and Willow nods enthusiastically. She carefully places both her hands on her mothers stomach.

I smile proudly. My girls.

I record in my mind that I have to draw this into my sketchbook later.

I move over, closer to my daughter and wife and add one of my hands to where 3 rests on Katniss' bump.

Katniss looks at me and we share a quick kiss before Willow turns to hug us both with a big and wide smile plastered across her sweet face.