Chapter 37

Peeta's POV

I hear the bedroom door open behind me but I can't turn my head to look as Rye is making my eyes stay glued on him.
I smile as I watch his sleeping figure in my arms. Such a copy of me.

It's probably Adriana who came into the room.

"Hello Will." Katniss croaks and I look up to her. A tired smile grows on her face.

I turn my head and see my 5 year old. I then turn my whole body around to face her and place a smile on my face. Willow gasps and comes up to me.

"Is it my baby brother?" She asks and I nod, tears forming in my eyes. The moment is here where my daughter sees her baby brother.

I slowly bend down to her level. Willow looks over my arms and her eyes lay on Rye. I swear, in the next seconds, an undying love fills her.

"Willow. Meet Rye." I comment and Willow smiles.

"Hello Rye." She whispers but Rye doesn't wake up.

"Rye." I quietly coo, to sadly wake him up. Soon enough he opens his eyes to reveal the grey orbs that came from his mother. The orbs that instantly made me love Katniss.

"Hello! I'm Willow, your big sister." Willow introduces herself. I smile again.

"He is so big!" Willow exclaims.

"That's why Mummy's tummy was so big." I explain and look to Katniss. She smiles at me and I turn back to Willow.

"How about you go carefully sit next to Mummy and you can possibly hold him." Once Willow hears my comment, she gasps and runs to the bed. She then climbs and sits beside a tired and sore Katniss.

I stand up and go to the bed. I slowly place Rye into Katniss' arms. Katniss smiles when she sees Rye is awake.

I sit next to Willow so I can hold Rye for her.

"Okay, you have to be really careful Willow." Katniss warns and Willow holds her arms out.

Katniss slowly lowers Rye into her arms and I place my hands under Willow's, holding Rye from underneath.

Willow's smile goes bigger when she has a better chance to look at Rye. I look to Katniss and see tears are gathering up in my eyes as she watches Willow.

"Look how small his fingers are." Katniss comments and lightly rests Rye's right hand on her index finger.

"Your hands were that small once." I tell Willow and her eyes widen. I chuckle and kiss both Willow and Katniss on the head.

"He's very heavy as well." Willow says and her removes her arms from holding Rye.

"You were nearly this heavy when you were this old Willow." Katniss comments and I smile, remembering the day I met Willow face to face.

"Kat?" I ask and move Rye slowly towards her.

"No Peeta. You can hold Rye." She retorts and I slip Rye better into my arms.

We are now a complete little family. I love it so much and that will never change.