Chapter 14

I have decided that when I reach 114 followers here on Wattpad, my profile picture will be of me for a week. So you can see the face behind this trilogy!!

Peeta's POV

"You're doing an awesome job Jason. I'll probably start back here in 2 weeks." I tell Jason as I go back out the front to join up with my wife and daughter.

"That's fine. Take all the time off that you need." He replies and smiles.

I kiss Willow's head then Katniss' before turning back to Jason.

"Well we must be in our way." I say and wrap my arm around Katniss' back with a still sleeping Willow.

"Bye you three." Jason farewells and we wave before exiting the bakery.

We walk down the few steps to the pavement and face each other.

"I'll take her." I suggest and get Willow into my arms. I rest her against my chest and she readjusts herself so she's comfortable sleeping.

"Let's take her to the meadow." Katniss suggests and I nod.

I place one hand on Willow's small head and other on her back. Katniss stands beside me and wraps her arm around mine and we head off towards the meadow.

Halfway there I turn my head to Katniss and she does to mine. We smile at each other and I look ahead of me again.

Soon we approach our place.

I walk towards the back of the meadow, to sit on the swing. I turn back occasionally to see Katniss bending down and picking flowers from the meadow ground.

I smile and keep heading towards the swing.

The shade starts to block out the sun and I know the swing is close by. I spot it in my eye sight and walk over to it.

With Willow still in my arms, I sit down on the swing and kiss Willow on the head.

I look up at Katniss and see her walking towards us with a big smile.

When she reaches us, she sits on the ground in front of me and leans against my good leg.

Once comfortable she starts fiddling around with her bunch of wild flowers.

My free hands slowly reaches down and strokes the side of Katniss' head. She look up at me with a smile before going back to concentrate on what she's doing.

I quietly but near silently chuckle at her concentration and watch her move her fingers about.

After 10 minutes, Katniss holds up her finished masterpiece to show me. She wound together the flowers to make a tiny flower crown to sit on our precious Willow's head.

"Done." Katniss quietly exclaims and kneels, facing us.

"Willow." I murmur to our daughter and stroke her cheek. She wakes up at my touch and gives a small yawn. I reposition Willow to look at Katniss.

"Look what mummy made you." I exclaim and point to the flower crown.

Katniss stretches up to place the flower crown on Willow's head which she accepts.

Seconds later, Willow lets out a small sneeze.

"Bless you." Katniss exclaims and adjusts the crown on her daughters head.

"You look beautiful." Katniss comments and holds Willow's small hands. I move my neck to see Willow's head better and nod.

"Very pretty." I comment and smile. Willow gives us a small smile and giggles.

Katniss smiles and kisses Willow's hands.

We are so happy, like a family should be.