Chapter 12 | Ideas

Kovoro Mall

Remi PoV

Speeding through the building, I searched for my two knuckleheads. They said they'd be there, waiting for me to finish my business with John.  I was excited to tell them about the outcome of that.  Maybe Blyke and Isen would gladly be back on board.

Finally, I saw them across, on the other side of the building. Isen seemed to be debating the pros and cons of two pens, while Blyke debated his own will to live.

"Guys! Hey!" I called, waving to them.

The pen addict looked up, gleefully returning my gesture. Blyke wiped the corner of his eye and smiled at me with relief.  I sprinted over to them.

"So, how did it go with John?", asked Isen, putting the stationary down, "What did you two talk about?"

"Actually," I said, "Seraphina was there as well. In all of her overpowered glory!"

"Overpowered? What?" Blyke questioned.

Isen's expression lit up with excitement, "Don't tell me....she got her ability back."

Smiling, I nodded. While the boys exchanged surprised glances. "There's more, but I'll tell you once we get back to the dorms."

Wellston Private high school- boy's dormitories

John PoV

Straining to open my eyes, I glanced around to analyse my surroundings. It was dark. Like proper dark! I could barely make out the forms of different furniture in the room.

But within a few moments, I recognised that it was just my bedroom. I peeked at the alarm clock. It was 10:32 pm. I raised my eyebrows,  surprised. I could have sworn that it was around 6! I remembered the conversation with Remi and telling Sera that I was going to take a nap. Then she followed me to the room and I fell asleep.

Squinting I pushed on, trying to recall what happened next. It was a bit foggy, though. Finally, I remembered Sera shaking me awake and asking me about my dream-

"Oh, crap.", I whispered to myself. It came back to me now. I had an anxiety attack, overdosed on Valium and passed out "Gah. Why am I so dumb?"

I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep tonight. So, I sat up, while my brain was speared by a splitting headache. I gasped, gripping my temples with my right hand. So, so dumb.

Doing my best to ignore the ache gnawing at my head, I slipped off of the bed, onto my feet. Sluggishly, I dragged myself out of my room and to the kitchen. I felt weak and my strides were shaky- stupid side effects.  Pouring myself a glass of water, I  cursed all of the additional crap that came with my meds. But at least they worked- I was much calmer than usual and my mind was at peace.

"No 'hello'?"

I spun around, startled by the voice. But upon recognising the figure, I slumped back on the counter, relieved. It was just Sera.

"Sorry!", I exclaimed, "I didn't see you there.", I shrugged, grinning sheepishly.

"Sure, sure. Ok.", she got up from the couch and walked to the counter opposite me, propping herself up, on its surface. "How are you feeling?" She tilted her head.

"Well,  wrung out like a wet washcloth." I said, chucking. "It's not too good, but nothing serious either."

"Oh  ok, that's good," Sera said, exhaling. "I was worried about you, you had no filter and just said whatever came to mind."  She smiled, creasing her eyebrows.