Chapter 4.5 | Fools

Wellston Turf War Grounds

John PoV

Dance, you say? Dance you will get.

Unable to stifle my laughter, I decided to let it escape, “Did your parents ever tell you the phrase,”, I smirked devilishly, “‘Be careful what you wish for’?”

The redhead chuckled at my remark and countered, “Clearly, your parents never taught you to not ‘go barking up the wrong tree’.”

She’s an arrogant one. I’ll have to keep my emotions in check. If she doesn't get the response she wants she’ll grow more careless and impulsive. Exactly what I want!

Rolling my eyes in an exaggerated manner and scoffed, “That’s rather bold. My intuition has never failed me before. " I could see Evelynn was annoyed by my attitude.

"We'll see abo-"

"Alright, cut the crap!", I clapped my hands together, interrupting whatever she was going to say. " I've already wasted too much of my time on you. "

The last statement really ground her gears. Her past, cunning smirk was replaced by a hard frown. Yes, it's working!

Geez, she's so easy to manipulate. I almost feel embarrassed for her.

"Wellston's King vs Agwin's Queen, begin!", the bluette called, then scurried off to heal Arlo's few injuries.

I activated my ability, copying both Evelinn's and Elaine's. Bracing myself, I waited for the redhead's familiar attack. But there was nothing. She stood still waiting for my move.

However, I was desperate for her to not find out what I was capable of until it was too late. I needed to push her over the edge.

" Aww, are you scared now?", I laughed.

"Pfft, I have nothing to fear!" She retorted

"Then fight me!"

"No need to be so excited-"

"I said, fight me! Coward."

The girl's eyes widened, she seethed and glared at me dangerously. "Watch you ton-"

"Quit yapping and give me a fight.", I demanded, " Unless you're too weak, pus*y."

"Shut up!"

"Make me! Or forfeit-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!!", she hurtled towards my her fist swinging at my face.

Finally.

Reflexively, I parried, kneeing her in the stomach. She was stunned for a moment before speeding behind me. I turned around, not letting her out of my sight. She latech onto my shoulders. Launching herself off of them, the redhead somersaulted onto my chest, knocking me back. I managed to get a good grip on her leg, increasing friction on my hands and feet to stop myself from sliding across the desert.

Evelynn wasn’t expecting my swift recovery, and didn’t do anything before I tossed her into the air, trying to decrease the forces around her to make her flight faster and higher. Although, she quickly flew out of my range. 

Surprisingly, the girl got control over herself again, managing to maneuver her way back to the ground without much damage. She shook in place. But it wasn’t fear. It was fury.

This thot is quaking!!

The look on her face was familiar. This uncontrollable rage. Bloodlust. A thirst for revenge. It set in. The burning wrath in her eyes was a reflection of my past doings. I was shocked. Devastated, almost. 

Evelynn growled, sprinting at me again. I inhaled deeply and did the same. This has to come down to brute force. And I had an advantage; I was faster.

The sheer force of the collision struck her to the ground, bruised and bloody. I too had suffered injuries, but used Elaine’s ability to heal myself. The girl looked dazed and out of it. It was done. 

Turning to Agwin’s king I called, “Aren’t we done yet?! Call her back already!”

I sensed something. The aura behind me shifted suddenly. I swung back at Eveelyn’s direction just in time to stop an incoming punch cold. Only an inch or two from my face.

“You sneaky fu*k.”, I breathed

“You shouldn’t have let your guard down.”

I sighed and made the friction on my clutching hand greater. I heard Evelynn stifle a whimper as I slowly tore the skin on her fist. I maintained eye contact the entire time, trying to analyse her emotions. She seemed so hopelessly determined, desperate to win against me. That’s not happening-

My vision blurred as Evelynn's face disappeared, being replaced with a certain blond's. It's another flashback!!

I wasn't ready for what I saw. 

Arlo was stood in front of me, and telling his two goons to 'lock me down'. I was hit with an overwhelming sense of betrayal as I became aware of the basta*d's past actions. His cruel tactics and manipulation. How easily I played into his hands! 

Most of all, I hated him for how the coward hid it from me. Arlo let me live in a lie to save his own skin. Though remembering it all, I wasn't as surprised. But I didn't know that at the time! Again, he played me!!

A loud cry shattered the mirage. I glanced around quickly, unaware of what was happening. Evelynn had stopped trying. Tears streamed down her cheeks at a similar rate as the blood spewed from under my fingers. 

"Enough!!", Broven shrieked, " Stop! You win. I won't fight you, the victory is yours! " , he sputtered, waving his hands about defensively.

I let go of the girl. Cupping her skinned hand, she ran back to her roster, not daring to spare me a second glance.  

Again left shortly. Leaving me to deal with an old rIvAl.

Arlo, prepare yourself.

Thanks for waiting a little longer for this chapter

Thanks for waiting a little longer for this chapter. But I think you guys might enjoy the double update!

Please check out the Halloween special!

Till next time <3