Chapter 4.6 | Fools

Wellston Turf War grounds

John PoV

The four figures blended with the dust of the horizon. I watched them, stiff as a board struggling to remain in control. My right eye twitched erratically. I could almost feel the steam shoot from my ears. My mind was clouded by images of that blonde basta*d, his games, lies, betrayals-

“John.”

I hate him

“We did well today, it was really close though.”

Don’t look at him…

“If it wasn’t for you, Wellston would have suffered its first loss.”, I felt his hand on my shoulder.

I battled my urge to beat him down then and there. Don’t look at him...Don’t fu*king dare face him. You’ll only cause more trouble! Arlo stood behind me, thankfully out of my eyeline. Yet, he was hellbent on changing that.

“John?”,He spoke in a concerned manner...oh, rEaLlY?!

Then he- OH NO YOU DON’T! YOUABSOLUTEMOTHERFU*KINGIDIOT!!!

The ass, walked over to face me. Dead in the eye.

He loomed over me silently, like a vulture. I was done.

A low growl, vibrated in my throat, I could feel the power in me intensify as my eyes burned brighter than before. The blonde stumbled back, his face an image of my favorite expression. Fear. Complete and utter terror.

I pounced. Arlo bit the dust. Hard. I pelted him in the face, almost mercilessly. But he wasn’t defending himself. “WHY?! Fight back!!”I yelled, but the blonde didn't react he just watched me, blood dripping from his lips and nose. Why are you like this you ASSHOLE!?!

As I was about to land another punch, I noticed something. Arlo kept flipping his vision. From me, to something behind me. What could possibly be more important right now?!

I peeked over my shoulder and I saw her. She stood in the distance, shaking a bit. Sera.

I gasped. I was supposed to be better. I was supposed to change. For her.
I stared down the blonde again. It’s all his fault! AGAIN!! I grabbed his bloody collar, “Stay out of my way. If you ever cross me or Sera again,” a cruel smile stretched my lips, “I will end you.” I tossed him to the ground and stood up.

I straightened my hoodie and began walking towards my love- I mean- my ‘best friend’. I didn’t care to  acknowledge anyone else’s presence. I just wanted to take her and go.

“Sera,”, I began, trying to relax my tone and expression, “Let’s go.”, I tilted my head towards the station. But she remained still, her eyes wide. My heart broke. I must have really scared her… the one person that has been there for me the entire time… “I’m sor-”

“No, I’ll go it’s fine!!”, the girl rushed. We began to walk, though her strides were unealy and cautious. I cursed myself.

I need to make it up to her. Somehow.

The train

Sera PoV

Just keep breathing. It’s fine. He won’t hurt you, I think. Act natural.

The ravenette kept peeking at me from the corner of his eye. They had a dangerous edge to them  that wasn’t there this morning. But champagne irises were also laced with concern, his expression grim. I didn’t know what to do, I was petrified.

I thought he could control himself! Why did he attack Arlo like that?! He’s been nothing but nice to him so far. Is John that unpredictable?! What if he hits of tries to strangle me again? I’m so scared of him! I felt my breath quicken. Why am I still here? This isn’t healthy. This is past borderline abusive!

But...what if...he comes after me?

I stated at the floor, I didn’t want to look at him. I didn’t know what could provoke him. I heard a rustling in the seat next to me. John sat down, looking at me expectantly. I kept eyeing the stained, navy carpet. Geez, that brown stain looks questionab-

“Sera?”, John’s gentle tone sent chills down my back. Obediently, I turned to face him.

The ravenette fiddled with the ends of  his bangs, “Look, I wanted to apologise about earlier. I was out of line.”  I remained silent. “And I’d like to make it up to you somehow, since I’ve been such a burden recently.”, he chuckled nervously.

Where is he going with this?

“You see, err, I’ve been thinking, umm,” A light pink invaded his porcelain cheeks and he reached out and softly stole my palm “I like you, Sera.”

Our eyes met. “As more than friends.”, he added.

Excuse me, WhAt?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m pretty sure my jaw dropped with such force that it unhinged itself.

“And I wanted to ask if you’d go on a date with me?” he stroked my hand with his thumb, “Even if it’s just the one, I’d try to make it the best evening of your life.” He smiled warmly, but with a hint of desperacy.

If I didn’t know what to do before, I was completely lost now. What the fu*k do I say to that.

Gathering all the courage I had in me, I slid my hand out of his grasp, placing it on my lap. I fixed my gaze on it as I whispered, “I’m sorry. But I wouldn’t like that.”

I love all you readers

I love all you readers. But SUFFER

Till next time <3