Chapter 18: Starlight

“Ludus, Dinaric, Layla – they've started to battle.” , the lady-boss was looking at a magic screen created by Fred. “They're winning it. Those puny youth never learned.”

            “Look!! That lady – she's keeping up with Zai.” Fred appointed to one screen.

            Zai was the greatest magic bender. She could manipulate any kind of magic through her gauntlet. Forgot to mention that she was the little girl who spoke during their entrance scene. She has red hair, red eyes and red clothes. She's cute tho. Cindy managed to keep up with her though both sides couldn't hit their magic to their nemesis. Cindy was also tried her best to protect the unconscious Lynjames while fighting.

            “Who is she?” the lady asked.

            “I suppose she is called cindy, milady.”

            “I've got a bad feeling about that lady. Besides, Master's coffin continues to glow which means the vessel is near.”

            On the other side of the story, Riza was having a duel with Shara. Shara had the power of generating ice fire. The properties of fire were changed from hot to freezing according to her will.

            “Milady! That girl!!! She looks like......you.” Fred pointed on one of the screen where Riza was. The lady boss raised her eyebrows.

            “No matter – Shara would defeat her.”

            Minutes passed by and Mearbel got to engage Consejo de los syete's Dark Crusader – Diana. Artemis 23 as well had began his battle with the statue of Abraham Lincoln.

            “ Let's get out of here. Carry master's coffin.” the boss of the dark forces commanded. “Careful you puny creature!!!.” She screamed when Fred was almost outbalanced. Fred immediately asked for forgiveness from the coffin for almost 10 times.

            The fight of Bilgewater took too long but if seems like the upperhand was given to the 7 generals of darkness.

            “It's time for you to die pretty lady!” Zai pointed her blade to Cindy's neck. “Any last words?”

            “Starlight has been invoked.” she answered and smiled.

            “What?”

            Suddenly, Cindy glowed. She became invulnerable. Then six other lights stroke her. It cam from her companions who also glowed and turned to spectral beings.

            “Hell!!! They set us up!!!” Layla realized what was happening.

            “Starlight?” Zai took half minute to realize what it was. “Damn it. Gotta run.”

            Top view- Cindy set up the center of the six-sided magic star. Her companions positioned themselves according to #23's plan to form a plotted star along the place. This is the hidden plan of Artemis 23 with regards to the idea of separating the 7 generals.

            “Star of the night.......glow!!!!” all 7 warriors shouted their batlle cry. Radiant light shore through the place.  All 7 generals were blinded with the light. They lost their strength and collapsed.

            “It would take them 24 hours to recharge. Nice job Cindy.” #23 told the team after they had regrouped. “But their boss has escaped.”

            “We'll follow them.” a grogy voice came from their back. They boked behind them and saw John was standing with his knees trembling.