Chapter 4.1: Deraltan

The Demon's Point of View

"What did you do?!!" Deraltan growled. "Why did you allow them to ram without my permission?!"

I shrugged. "They have their own will Lord Deraltan." he is the overlord now, the demon in command here in Celestial City. I don't see why he is angry though.

Don't get me wrong. I know he has reasons why he is doing this but he rarely explains his motives.

"I know that, but our members has now been damaged because of what they did." he said, more softly now. His red claw is smoothing the end of his throne.

If you're wondering who are "they", well, "they" are the ghosts and demons killed by hunter we know – going by the name of John.

They told me they wanted to have fun. They wanted to feed. Fearful humans are the best meal, they said. Back then, I never thought of the possibility that a hunter has arrived in the city.

Now it has cost me this – the wrath of Lord Deraltan. He grew silent for a while, hinting me that he's pondering on something.

"Garagan, call all of our minions. They are surely hunting us now." the lord finally said.

I admit that I'm taken aback by his statements. It is not yet time I thought.

"We strike the first before they strike us." he said. He stood from his throne and took his sword, no, his lance. The lance that is fueled by blood. "Go!" he commanded.

****

I never liked Deraltan. He is wise, but cruel. He is a leader, but doesn't mind sacrificing everyone for his own likeness.

Well, it's a demon characteristic but I guess I don't have that. I know of a word – comrade. Not just minions, pawns ready to dispose.

Sometimes I think that I'm not a demon, just a fallen. Because unlike demons, I value my comrades. I value the times I spend with them. I value Izaschar, who share the human he hunted with me. I value Miradina, who takes me to beautiful tourist spots. Even Lord Azazel, who is very friendly around me. There are others but I guess it's still selfishness.

I want them around me because there are benefits I get them from me. But is that really turned as selfishness?

Today, Lord Deraltan ordered me to gather his minions. It's easy with my telepathy but almost half of the demons have blended with the humans – rendering the out of reach of my telepathy. I guess I gotta go collect them personally.

Maybe I'll find a hot human girl on the way. That would be very good meal – atleast for me.

The Lady's Point of View

Van used his powers again.

He used it to destroy my "familiar" Rabbadon. I wonder what urged him to do that. I just wanted to lure that hunter named John who has quite a reputation in the underworld.

Did they formed an alliance?

If so, It'll be harder to kill that hunter – harder to raise my rank, harder to gain the power to overpower and replace Deraltan.

When I came back to Celestial City, he was the overlord and he wouldn't even allow me to act on my own accord. Since being a demon, that was the first time I got humiliated.

I challenged him to a fight, but that stupid lance got on my way.

Basically, since I've challenged him, I deserved to be killed when he defeated me. But Garagan interfered, telling Deraltan to stop because he has proven his power.

Demons won't confide to that, let alone the Overlords. That's why I don't understand why Deraltan agreed with Garagan. By letting me live, he has given me a chance to kill him – and be the next overlord.

"Where's Garagan?" I asked Deraltan.

"Erions shoud address their overlord properly." he replied. Okay. According to these overlords, Erions (human turned demons) are lower than demons. Thus we are expected to address Demon Overlords as my lord or anything to show respect.

"Where's Garagan?" I repeated instead. I refuse to play by rules.

He chuckled. That made me think that he didn't mention the "addressing of the overlord" to chastise me. He didn't expect me to obey him after all. He just wanted to annoy me.

Well, he did a hell if a job annoying me.

"I've sent him to gather minions." he replied, his voice turned serious.

"What?!" I asked with high tone. Am I missing something here? Why is he gathering his minions? "Why?" I added.

"Because I will launch an attack against John and his accomplices soon." he answered. "Now there, you'll be coming with me right?"

I got a little bit taken aback by that. Deraltan wants me in his assault team? Didn't dream about it. But a thought struck my mind. If I leave, John may have a chance to win. Deraltan will die, and I'll come back – I will be the overlord and the prince would grant me more power.

I grinned with my wisdom.

"No. I'll be leaving." I replied. And just like that, I turned back to leave. But a loud blast blew me away.

This is not an ordinary blast, I'm sure that it is taylored to damage demons. The light which I presume that has come from the source of the blast, momentarily blinded me.

I squinted to adjust my eyes. On the right side of the room was a big hole. And two figures stood there. One man and one woman. The woman has a long black hair. They both wore black suit and held 2 pistols which I presumed are filled with blessed bullets.

Deraltan let out a loud laugh. He was not blown away by the explosion, nor his throne. He's still sitting there, smoothing his throne.

"Where is it?" the lady asked, facing Deraltan. The man just pointed his gun at me, wary that I might launch a surprise attack.

Deraltan just smirked, he stood while diminishing his human form – which is a long haired blond in an outfit of a cowboy – slowly he grew 12 feet tall (It's good that this room is high enough to accomodate his height). Then the Maizar materialized on his arm.

That lance, fueled by blood – it was what defeated me. I can't help but laugh, which earned me a glance from the lady, because their petty weapons won't stand a chance from the Maizar. Plus, even without the Maizar, Deraltan didn't become overlord for nothing.

"So . .. This famous, John Lynjames that I heard off is an old man." Deraltan said. His voice was big and monstrous. I looked at the man. He doesn't look like a famous stray killer. Stray are supernaturals who intervene greatly with humans – well that term came from humans.

The man and the woman exchanged inquiring looks. That gave Deraltan the confirmation he needed that he isn't facing John. Is he scared of him? No way.

"I thought you're already gone?" Deraltan growled.

Well if he says so. I stood and head toward the door – then I heard a gunshot. My reflexes kicked and I evaded the bullet at the last second. With that, the lady attacked Deraltan.

"We'll kill her later! Help me!!" the lady shouted. Arrogant, I thought. I continued heading to the door.

I'm leaving.