Chapter 2.1: Revere

Cindy's Point of View

We were on our usual seat during lunch. John was telling stories which gained all of our attention.

Suddenly he stared behind me – stopping his story.

"What?" I said. I turned, just to see Rowena begind me. She was wearing a red v-neck, maybe just to show off her breasts. Her skirt was short, revealing her white smooth long legs. She is the school's most wanted girl – in a good and bad way. She usually does bullying, or intimidation.

Behind her were Joiy and Loren, her side kicks. Joiy wore a red long sleeve. Her red hair matching her red earrings and red lipstick. She wore jeans for the lower part though. Loren was just plain. White shirt, jeans, converse shoes. I could tell that she was the least important of Rowena's platoon.

They haven't bothered our group since we came. Why now?

Rowena glared at me with her prowling eyes. Her fake eyelashes almost swallowing her eyes.

I smiled, trying to sound not annoyed at how she look at me. "What brings the queen here?" I asked.

I felt Riza nudging me. She was sitted beside me and I could feel that she's scared. Yeah right, Rowena could pretty much do anything in this school because of her stunning looks.

"Do not dare going against me." she answered, her voice full of edginess. Then as if nothing happened she turned and left, Joiy and Loren trailing her.

"What the hell was that?" I faced my friends again and saw a worried look on their faces.

"That was a warning." Mearbel said.

"Yeah! I'll be accompanying Cindy when she goes home from now on." Zach said.

"Ugh! Really guys?" I grunted.

"What's happening?" John said.

"Oh nothing." Mearbel said with sarcasm. "Cindy is just being targetted by a whore could command almost everyone in the school to do things for her."

"Things that aren't anything near pleasant." Riza commented

"What?" John said, not grasping the situation quite yet. Transferees.

"The last time she did that, it was Lovie, the girl over there." Riza pointed across the dining hall.

Lovie was sitting there alone. She's a petite, small girl. Last year, she accidentally destroyed Rowena's favorite snow globe. Rowena humiliated her by spreading a nude photo of her. "Rowena hired a couple of pro camera dudes and took a photo of Lovie taking a bath. Of course the whore won't accept that she was the one responsible for that." Riza added.

"I'll protect her." John declared, which earned a few giggles from the girls. Tom and Zach tapped him in he back.

I can't help but feel flattered. I shrugged it off though, rolling my eyes to show disinterest.

"No really, you have any idea Rowena was like that?" I asked Riza after our class in intermediate algebra.

"Uhm, maybe. Just a rumor though." Riza replied. She shifted uncomfortably. "They say that Rowena likes John. But he never paid attention to her. The guy is just pure Cindy lover." she added.

I rolled my eyes. I stood up and walked out of the door, I saw Rowena whispering with other bunch of girls including Joiy and Lovin, then giggling as they saw me.

This is not good, I said to myself. I headed towards the opposite direction.

****

John and I rode the bus in silence. I still opposed the idea of having a chaperon but John insisted on coming with me. He has been reading a book for the whole trip though.

As if reading my thoughts, John closed the book and looked at me.

At last I've got an idea of what to talk about.

"Where do you live?" I said. Too straightforward.

He just glared at me. I felt awkward, so i averted my gaze. I didn't conciously remember looking at him in the eye.

After a moment, he wrote something in a page of his boo, then he gave it to me.

"In case you want to visit." he said.

I didn't open the book. I felt like theres no need for that for this time.

"Where are your parents?" I asked, words coming out of my mouth before I could stop them.

He just smiled, seemingly amused. "They're on the other side." he said with nonchalance.

I felt guilty asking him, "I . . . I'm sorry." I said. My gaze moving to the floor. Gosh, this is humiliating.

!