Chapter 20: Trevor

Know thyself to know others

            The wind blew against Cindy. The bloodmoon's light stroke through her battle armor. Beads of sweat ran down through her face. There was only one thought on her mind – where is John.

            It was already 12 midnight but she still couldn't find any trace of her battle partner. One more thing entered her mind – it was the bloodmoon already but the city was so silent. She knew that too much silence doesn't mean peace. Rather, it may mean something big was coming.

            While she was roaming, the lady noticed a suspicious 3 story mansion located beside the borderline of the city. Cindy entered the entered the building with precautions and felt an aura made her feel like she wanted to puke. She didn't knew what kind of disgusting aura was that. She looked at he ceiling. There was a weird painting that was laid out through the horizon. It  looked like constellations but it was more weird.

            Suddenly, a shadow appeared on one corner of the mansion.

            “Who are you!? Show yourself!” Cindy hightened her senses.

            “Well, well. What do we have here? My beloved has arrived.” the shadow revealed itself. It was John.

            “Oh thank God John.” Cindy felt relieved. “Where have you been hiding. I was worried with......” she halted when she realized that there was no aura with the entity in front of her. “Who are you?!” Cindy summoned her bow and arrow and aimed at the guy.

            “I am John, honey. Why do you ask?”

            “John never called me that way.”

            “Ooops. My bad.” The entity disappeared and his laughter bound back and forth the mansion. Cindy turned to find the man. Suddenly, the shadow appeared at her back. John covered the mouth of the lady and the darkness made Cindy exhausted.

            “John....Why......” The lady lost consciousness and collapsed. The dark man stood beside the lady's body. His eyes turned red and his teeth went sharp as he smiled. Darkness hid his face and fear crept on the mansion's walls. Cindy's veins started to turn black in a snail's pace.

**********

            “Zach, have you seen Cindy?” Mearbel asked.

            “Eh? Nope. She ain't working this day I think.”

            “Weird right.”

            “Yah!.”

            The company wasn't that strict. After all, the owner of Hotel Lusso was a friend of Sigrid. This owner knew that supernatural things going on inside the city. A connection of Sigrid, indeed.

            That day was really silent. No sign of danger. No hostile spirits. The silence made Sigrid's spines shiver.

            “This is not good.” Sigrid stood on the top of the city's tallest building. He was in his battleform and he held a pair of binoculars as he sighted the whole city.

            “Too silent.” Kathreen dropped through the building from a jet.

            “What's the news on Cindy?”

            “No trace of that lady.”

            “How about John?”