Chapter 9: Rare

The path to greatness starts with a single step FORWARD.

           Lights were emitted by the door. Cindy and John were transported into a lot whole new world.

            “Welcome delegates,” the professor, Sabrina, greeted the two. “You have set foot on the grounds of the forest – Acnologia.”

            “Acnologia? The hidden forrest?” John asked.

            “Yes.”

            “You know this place?” Cindy asked John.

            “Oh no, I just read it in a book entitled lost world.”

            “It is indeed a lost world,” Sabrina led the two towards the camp. There, they were welcomed by another pair. John was shocked to see the other two. It was Kathreen and Yuvi. John met Kathreen before in Thauden University and they had some chat about the place. Yuvi, on the other hand, was a classmate of John when he was in grade school.

            “John, nice meeting you . . . . again,” Kathreen shook hands with him and turned to Cindy. “And you must be Cindy, yes? I’m Kathreen.”

            “How did you know my name?” Cindy was puzzled.

            “Well we were both from Thauden University, see?”

            “I’m Yuvi. I may look like a girl but I’m a man,” he held Cindy’s hand and kissed it. He turned his attention to John. “How are you . . . . brother?”

            “I’m ok. I can’t believe that someone who showed disbelief in me before is into this too.”

            “People change brother. I'm sorry for not believing you before but for now, I may be stronger than you.” Yuvi smiled with a sharp eye.

            “I don’t really care about you becoming stronger than me but I am happy to see you being into this . . . . . brother.”Johnoffered his handshake to Yuvi. Both were happy to see each other.

            “For now, you guys would be having chat. But tomorrow, we would be starting to have our training,” Sabrina smiled at them and left.

            Yuvi was a member of John’s brotherhood during their grade school days. However, Yuvi did not believed any of John’s stories on supernatural beings. Though unbelieving, he and John created a friendship that was really great. After graduating in grade school, both of them got separated. It was when he was at his middle school when Yuvi encountered hostile spirits. Kathreen came to his rescue and killed the hostile spirits. The lady taught Yuvi techniques in battling spirits and monsters. The man got strong for a short period of time. Unfortunately, Kathreen had to part ways with him upon graduation. They are noe reunited in one school. A school that is far from normal. A school of wonders and astounding places.