Chapter 2.2: Reveal

I revelled with how the school gym has transformed. The halloween task force, as the students called it, surely did a hell of a job.

The entrance was the mark of horror. No lights were opened except the candles that were lit to reveal the path. The walls created a maze that could end on the backdoor of the gym. We've already past the laughing corpse, the blood sucker and the "pop-out of nowhere" ghost. Riza, Mearbel, and I screamed for all three. The boys walked like nothing happened.

We came to a dead end when we were exploring. The boys started drawing a map of where we came from in a piece of paper, while Riza and Mearbel were talking about something.

I sighed and leaned against the wall.

That was what I thought. As soon as I leaned with my back, I went straight through the wall. The room was full of blue lights and I could say that the way I came in was just one way.

"Well well. Look who's here." A guy's voice came from the concealed part of the room.

"Who's there?!" I screamed. Fear was creeping to my bones and I felt my body trembling.

From the shadows, Clifford and Roland materialized. They were dressed as vampires and their fake fangs were awful. They are the school bully, part of the football team. Clifford, with his well-built body, was the quarterback.

"Wha . . . Is this part of the halloween treat?" I said slightly.

"No." he replied. They slowly walked towards me. There it is again – the trembling and shudder that I feel. Something is definitely wrong here.

I backed off, my back pressed against the wall.

"Now let's check out that body of yours." Clifford said. Roland is laughing with such sinister.

I screamed as Roland's hand gripped my arms. I tried to fight back but shear strength wasn't enough.

Clifford held my chin and run his fingers on my cheek. I flinched as I struggled from them.

"So . . . this was your plan." a booming voice echoed in he room. Clifford and Roland turned around, only to meet balled fists. They stumbled.

"John!" I said. What a surprise. But he has a lean body and he is surely shorter than his opponents. He won't get away without being beaten to a pulp. "John! Get away from here! They're quarterbacks!" I screamed.

I eyed him and that was when I realized how determined he is.

"Why are you here brat!? You wanna lie down in a hospital?" Clifford said, wiping the blood off his mouth, clearly angered. Roland just sat, maybe feeling dizzy.

"Come." John replied with a commanding voice. At that, Clifford run towards John in a tackling stance. Gracefully, John dodged the assault. I had to admit it, the way he moved was beautiful.

Clifford regained his momentum then charged against John. This time, John's dodge was accompanied with a fast punch to his opponent's stomach.

Clifford groaned. He was down on fours. What strength! Maybe John is qualified to save me after all, no offense to him.

I sighed standing.

"Let's go." John said, stretching his hands for me to take. As soon as I held his hands, Roland came from his back and put him in a headlock. That must be painful but surprisingly, John didn't seem affected.

With a swith movement, he flipped Roland to his back. Roland landed with a loud thud and grunt.

I took opportunity of the situation. I slapped Roland, hard.

"Let's go." I said. We took the door that John entered in. "I didn't know you were good at fighting." I told him.

"Neither do I." he said. He smiled at me, dimple showing, lips curling to almost a pout. God! When did I start looking at him like this?

*****

"What?!" Riza exclaimed after hearing my story about what happened . "This has to be because of Rowena. I'm going to mess up her face!" she added, cracking her knuckles. We were on our usual position in the cafeteria. John didn't join us this time though. He told me he's going to take care of something.

"Oh shut up Riza, you may end up being beaten up." Tom said, tapping Riza's back. Zach stiffled his laugh but Mearbel didn't. And just like that, all of us were laughing.

Tom had a point though. Riza was about as short as me, body nearly petite – compared to Rowena who is 5 foot 9 inches tall, body well composed due to cheerleading training.

Mearbel couldn't match up with Rowena too. Though she is nearly as tall as Rowena, her body is too lean, real petite if I would say. Her body emphasizes its shape.

While I was lost in thoughs, I didn't notice that a commotion was happening inside the cafeteria. I looked at my friends and they were looking on the same directiong. I followed their gaze and saw a stunning creature.

Her black hair was long, left flowng on her back. Her skin was the color of a doll. Her face as perfect as a princess – but without make-up. She wore a white long sleeve coat on top of her white blouse – her skirt was also white. Her clothes were designed with elegant linings of gold and silver.

Everyone in the cafeteria was enticed by her beauty – even girls.

Who is she?