Living as a Human

10 years later

Demetrius POV

"Sir your on in 5." My assistant tells me as I fix my suit as I hear everyone chatting in the crowd. I had built a museum of monsters. Urban legends. No one knew that we existed but us. I could smell some of the monsters in the crowd hiding in plain sight.

The museum contained all the secrets and facts of monsters from A to Z. I spent years putting my research and investments into this building. Years of traveling and meeting different creatures all around the world.

One day the world will welcome monsters.

But for now... We'll allow them to think we're just make believe and myths. I fix my tie as my phone starts to ring. A number I haven't seen in awhile. The area code was from back home. Nostalgia hits me as I remember fighting a werewolf, a shark man, and a dragon lord. It seems like it was just yesterday.

I answer the phone as a female voice greeted me. Could it be Ava? Alx? Daiya? I hope it isn't bad news.

"Hey is this Demetrius?" The woman asked me as I cleared my throat preparing myself for the bad news. It's been awhile since we've all seen each other. The only time people call when they haven't seen each other in a long time, is when someone has died.

"This is he." I said as my assistant starts to walk towards me again. I hold my hand up to her signaling her to wait. "This is Mia, James's Wife. We're having a family reunion for our daughters birthday and we were wondering if you could make it?" Mia said as a tear almost fell from my eye.

It's been so long I thought they would've moved on and forgot about me. "I'll be there. Just send me the address." I told her as I hung up the phone and headed out to talk to the press conference.

Ava POV

"He's losing a lot of blood." Doctor Thomas warned Alx as we were nurses. I battle my urges as the blood the man was losing was consuming my mind. The thought of my fangs sinking into his flesh and draining the rest of his blood was tempting. "Ava are you okay?" She asked me as I blink my eyes and look around the room as everyone was looking at me.

My stomach feeling weak as I run towards a trash can and threw up as I continued to cough up more. It's been so long since I've done anything vampiric that it's affecting my body. I needed blood. It's been 10 years... 10 years of resisting. I walk into the room where all the blood packs were stored. Mmm. I moaned a sighed of relief as I grabbed the package of blood.

I lick my lips as I opened the top as the blood started to ooze out. I bite my lip as I start to suck up the blood like a smoothie. The juice running down my throat as I savior the flavor of the blood. The door opened as it startled me as I see Alx standing there staring at me. "If you cant do this just let me." Alx said as I gulp down the blood instantly.

"It's not what it looks like." I tell her as she shakes her head at me. "Really?" Because it looks like you can't fight your bloodlust anymore." She stated as I rolled my eyes. "Alx... we're monsters... there's no need to pretend we're humans." I tell her as she starts to walk towards me. "Look Ava... I know it's been hard for you ever since your parents died but..." I snapped as I grabbed her by her throat squeezing her neck.

She tried to pry my hands off of her but she had gotten weak by not using her powers for so long. "Don't bring up my parents!" I hissed at my friend as I let her go as she gasped for air looking at me in disbelief. "They... were... my parents too." She said in between breaths. My phone starts to ring as it was Mia my ex's wife. I started to not answer but it's been a long time since I've talked to James. Maybe it's bad news. I answered it.