Stages of Grief

Warning, content in this chapter will deal with attempted suicide. If this is too much for you to handle I advice you to skip this chapter.

James POV

2 years ago

Denial & Isolation

Days went by as i laid in bed all day as I stared at the wall. She was really gone. I didn't get it. Maybe because it doesn't matter if I transform into a Big ass wolf, I'm still human. Being able to keep my sanity and humanity was the biggest challenge I've ever had to face. And she just lost her humanity like it was throwable. How could she have tossed her feelings away like that. That stupid curse. But she was gone, sitting around moping about it wasn't going to change it.

I spent days up to a year with her. Made me realize how strong love really is. No drug I ever been on has ever made me feel so strong. For her to just brush me off like a fly buzzing in her face. Reality is often disappointing. I thought about selling the cabin house soon as Daiya left. Who knows where she had gone she was happy to be alive again. And I was sad to be alive at all.

A month went by and I waited for her to come back. Hoping she would've found a way to break the curse. I needed her to come back home. I just couldn't love anyone else the way I loved her. I drunk a lot. Made me realize the biggest monster I'm going to have to fight is me. Damn. I sat on the couch all day and night only going out to get more alcohol and groceries. Pretty soon everyone started to recognize me when they saw me.

Their face was sympathetic for me but I wasn't interested in their sympathy. I force a smile as they gave me an uneasy one back before taking my cash and letting me leave. I would sit in the truck for a minute to think about what I'm doing. My phone used to ring hoping she would call me or text me. After that month had passed I let my phone die. I haven't been on my phone at all.

I felt really empty.

Anger

Every where I go her face was there. It's like she was haunting me. I look in the mirror she was behind me I would turn around to find nothing. I broke my mirror with a punch bloodying my whole hand. My healing factor wasn't healing me as fast either. Every time I would punch something or break something that was glass It would take time for my body to completely heal itself. I grew resentment towards Yasmine. I wanted to go back to that ugly ass castle and kick some vampire ass. I would die but it would be better than feeling so damn empty.

I broke everything of Yasmines as I destroyed anything that belong to her. Her makeup kit? I launched that shit a crossed the room. Her clothes? Burned them. I wanted nothing to do with her.

But her smell just wouldn't leave the house.

She smelt like peaches and freshly dawn roses
After they just got done being rained on. So I took a knife from the kitchen as I hesitated. I lined the knife to my face as I started to cut it slow and hard. It wouldn't budge off as I sliced it off as fast as I could. It took a minute. But I did it. I cut off my nose watching the piece of my face fall flat on the counter.

I threw it in the trash before screaming in pain. The knife covered in blood as I tossed it in the sink. The pain didn't last long as my nose regenerated healing completely. I looked in the mirror as my nose looked like It was never chopped off.

Bargaining

A year later

"God why me? Why did you cursed me?" I asked myself as I sat on the couch crying. I tried everything I could to die. But I just kept fucking healing. I tried bleeding to death. I tried overdosing. But my immune system just wouldn't let me die. I had one final solution to this problem. I was going to blow my head off. "So I say goodbye. Bye to friends. Bye to my family if they need me. I couldn't handle this depression. So fuck this. I'm doing this. I'm fucking doing it to." I put the gun to my head without thinking twice pulling the trigger.

Two days later

My eyes started to open as I was laid on the couch with dried up blood from my template. "Are you fucking serious." I said to myself as I looked around as everything around me looked awful. It was blood everywhere. Damn. I was still alive.

Depression

Present time

Its been a month since I made Daiya the alpha. The other wolves would come to me for training on how to control their transformation. But I would send them to Daiya. I needed time to be alone as I was standing at the edge of a cliff. The water rushing and hitting rocks as I admire the view. I had gained a lot of weight and I was out of shape as I just stood still staring down at the ocean. Hours passed as a storm approached and the waves started pushing hard.

The storm was angry and so was I. Fuck it. I jumped into the water head first as cracked my skull on a rock as I drew unconscious. I started to black out as I smiled to myself. Finally I can be at peace. I started to sink down into the deep as I started to lose my oxygen. I didn't bother struggling as I was willing to die. I felt a hand on my arm as I turn my head to see a woman with long hair pulling me up. Yasmine. She was a fast swimmer, she moved so fast in the water like a shark. I knew Yasmine was incredible but damn what can't she do? I was finally seeing the light as we made our way out of the deep.

She swam us up to land as I started coughing and throwing up water. I looked at the woman as I realized it wasn't Yasmine. She was a mermaid. She had a long fish tail that should've been her legs. She flipped her hair from her face as she was beautiful. "Are you a princess?" I asked as she laughed a little before shaking her head no.

Acceptance

She looked at me as she was an Asian woman who had a purple scaled tailed. "One minute I'm fighting werewolves... then literally The Death Angel. Now I'm being rescued by Mermaids." I said as I fell back looking up at the sun. "Well I wouldn't have rescued you if you were human." She stated as I tilt my head to look at her. "My people hate humans. They pollute our ocean. Our kingdom..." she started talking as I interrupted her. "Wait. Atlantis is real!" I said sounding eager as she giggled. Her laugh was musical as it sounded majestic. "It is." She said as her eyes grew serious. "I know your a monster. So which one are you land walker?" She asked as she looked at me with a serious face. "I'm a Werewolf." I told her as she looked at me confused. "What are you doing all the way out here?" She asked as I started to remember why I was trying to kill my self.

"To move on." I said as something started to appear behind her from the ocean.

Something big.