Departure

Two days later

Daiya POV

I stood still in my wolf form laying down on the edge of a cliff. The wind blows as my fur trembles in the air. The waters hitting the rocks as I watch from afar. "Daiya." A voice said behind me as I turned my head to see my brother and a Asian woman. I couldn't communicate with him in my wolf body... and I don't feel like turning into a human.

I shake my head at him as he sighs taking a deep breath. He pats my head running his fingers behind my wolf ears as the sensation calmed my nerves. "I know how you feel Daiya." He told me as I look up at him with my big wolf eyes. "Mia... can you give me and Daiya a minute?" James asked the woman as she nodded her head walking down the hill.

The woman was very beautiful as she had long hair that reached her waist. She smelt like peaches, flowers, and all other good smells. I could hear another heart beat Within her too. She was pregnant. Was she the one Malia told me about. The alternative future timeline where James has a daughter. The timeline where we all died.

James takes off his clothes as he closes his eyes allowing his muscles to snap. His bones reconstructing as smoke lingers off of his body. The transformation sounding painful as he shifted into his wolf body. His fur was white now like mine as I still don't know what that means.

"What do you want James." I said as he laid beside me on his stomach as well. "I'm here for you." He tells me as we spoke to each other. To anyone else we probably look like big dogs barking at each other. "I'm fine James." I said as he looked at me with that look he always gave me. He knew I was bothered.

"I heard about Malia." He tells me as I feel sadness take over me. I shake my head as I push the thoughts out of my head. "Forget her." I growled at him as he didn't back down as we stood still eyeing each other. "Daiya." He said as he pushed his big wolf head against mine gently. "No." I insisted as I held my tears back as I thought about grandma now.

"It's okay Daiya... we both lost someone we loved." He tells me as he was right if anyone understood this pain I was feeling it was James. My brother. We both lost our grandmother and our lovers. I shift back into my human body as my fur blows away in the wind as James changed back to. He puts on his clothes as he hands me my clothes too. I put on my clothes as I look at the view of the cliff. It was beautiful. Life is beautiful.

"Let's go Daiya." James tells me as I nod my head as we walk down the hill where the Asian woman was waiting for us. She smiles at me as I give her a weak smile back. Once we approach her she pulls me into a hug as it catches me off guard. But I needed a hug so I embraced her.

"Daiya this is Mia... my expecting girlfriend." James said as I rub my hand on her growing stomach. "I'm going to be a aunt?" I asked both of them as Mia nodded her as I took a deep breath excitement taking over my mind.

I was so happy inside for my brother as he had this glow around him. He was at peace with himself I could feel it. I grab him pulling him into a hug as he hugs back as the sun started to fall.

Next day

Alx POV

Everything felt normal these past few days. No monsters. No fighting. Everything was peaceful. My thoughts were interrupted when a knocking came from outside the house. I go to answer the door as James stood there in front of me. "Is Ava here?" He asked me as I could hear his heart beating uneasily. "I'm here." Ava said walking behind me and towards the door.

"Can I speak to you alone?" James asked her as I looked at him suspiciously. "You know I have super hearing right? I'll still hear you." I told him as he took a deep breath as he knew I was right. "Ava I'm sorry... I have a child..." James started to talk as Ava shut him up by pulling him in a hug.

I rolled my eyes at them but I wasn't upset I just didn't want Ava to get hurt. "We already established that we aren't soul mates. I want you to live your life and I'll live mine. We'll always be friends James." She told him as she kissed him on his cheek as he nodded his head at her before turning around and walking away.

Ava shuts the door as she stands there for a moment as she starts to sniff. She turns around slowly as tears fall down her eyes. I pull her into a hug as she hugged me back. Her heart was broken. But she'll get over it. I'll make sure she does.

Demetrius POV

I look at the crown as i used its power to gain riches and wealth. I had everything I wanted. I was in Dragons heaven with the other dragons as they were under my rule now. I was king of the dragons.

But now that I'm king... I don't want to be king. I finally understand why my father got rid of the crown. My father Drogan was the first dragon lord and he intended to be the last.

There's always a leader no one is free to do what they want. I didn't like that. The more I thought about it the more it irritated my skin. Presidents, kings, queens and foreign rulers everyone wants to rule. To be in control. And now that I'm in control I don't want to be in control.

I see why James stopped being an alpha. Too much responsibility. Everyone was looking at me as they waited for my word. Would I bring peace or corruption? Neither. I took the crown off of my head and with all my strength I snapped it in half. The power from the crown becoming meaningless as i let it fall and shatter.

"For now on. There will be no lords. Only freedom. We protect earth or die trying." I tell the men as everyone looks at me as if I was crazy. My father emerges from the shadows the original dragon lord. Everyone bows before him as he holds his hands up signaling them to stop. "You heard my son. Freedom. No more lords. No more bowing or worshipping each other whose higher than the other. We give each other the same amount of respect as you would do me." He spoke out as everyone stood up and agreed.

Three Days later

I was packing my bags up as I didn't want to stay here any longer. Years of fighting I just wanted peace. I had the money. I want to travel and see the world in a humans point of view. Maybe fall in love with a woman. To finally Imprint on someone would be peaceful.

My father walks in the room as he stood tall and muscular. He had a scar on his left eye and was bald. He is a very wise man and when he speaks everyone listens.

"Where you going son?" My dad asked me as I took a deep breath reminiscing on the past few months. "I met some people. Werewolves, vampires, and a werecheetah. They taught me how to be human." I tell him as he sits on the edge of the bed to listen to me. "So you broke the crown for them." He said knowingly as that was partially one of the reasons.

"The people I cared about almost died... he did die. James died and I brought him back to life. But somehow he isn't who he used to be. I can tell death has changed him." I told my father as he took a deep breath. "Or maybe it opened his eyes." He said as his words pierced me.

"People you love will die. One day you will die. You just have to make sure there worth dying for." My father said as I nodded my head as I grabbed my bags and headed out. I could go see James and tell him that I broke the crown and made a new rule. Everything would be peaceful and the dragons were free with no lord. But it didn't matter.

We saved the world. The world didn't Save us.

The last thing we needed was to hurt each other again. All of us. It's better if we all go our separate ways.

In the end we may have defeated Jal physically but he managed to defeated us mentally. The team was no more. It started with us three fighting Genesis and it ended with us fighting Jal Morozov. 

Breaking Alx's back broke her will and left her traumatized.

James dying due to using the crown made him feel powerless against something he can't control.

And my own pride got in the way. I let something materialistic break us all apart when I should've got every one together. I should apologize. But I'm not.

Goodbye James and Alx.