Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion

Caleb

It's really dark in here at night... I can barely see the bars infront of me. Everyone is asleep, except for me. I lay awake, wondering, thinking, hoping, and dreaming with my eyes open.

I can't believe the baby kicked today. Her first kicks. She already loves her Aunt.

I almost feel jealous.

She got to feel the baby kick first.

Well, besides Cara.

Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed and it melts my heart that she kicked when Beatrice touched her stomach,

But I just wish that I had the opportunity to feel my daughter kick.

I doubt that I will ever get that opportunity...

I'm dreaming and hoping that we will get out of here before she's born. Where she can be born in a safe, non life-threatening envornment. Not where David could just take her away and kill her at any given moment.

I'm wondering if anyone back home even knows that we're gone.

You can't just take two people and have no one notice...

Then it dawns on me.

They had us believe Mom and Dad were dead.

They told us that Beatrice was dead.

That means...

Everyone must think that we are dead.

This is a crazy, twisted world where many live, many die, and many lie.

Then my mind wanders to where the heck I am.

Where in the world is this place anyway?!

I'm going to guess outside the fence of Chicago...

But where?

Could this be the place I've been trying to research for months now?

Could I have gotten inside, but not the way I planned?

With my families lives and my life at risk?

Like I said; this is a twisted world.

*   *   *

Natalie

I wake up groaning from the brightness of the light, and the size of my stomach.

It's not that I'm that big, because I'm not for almost nine months.

It's the fact that I'm way to old to be pregnant.

My body can't handle this anymore. It's like my spine is going to crack and my stomach is going to burst.

If this is hard, how's my body going to react to birth?

I'd rather not think about that right now...

David has not been hurting me much at all anymore for some reason that scares me. He told me himself; it's either me or Beatrice. And if he's not hurting me...

As if on cue David walks into the room, handcuffs in hand. He walks past my cell and my nightmares are coming true.

Tris

I'm just waking up when I hear the door open to my left. I'm assuming that it's Derrick hopefully either bringing us food, or giving us the option to shower. I'd love either or.

I was wrong.

The footsteps don't match the patterns that Derrick's do. I've learnt the pattern of footsteps each person has that walks through here so I can act like I'm sleeping and not worry who they are and not piss them off by being awake.

These footsteps are too separated to be Derrick's, and they have a big seperation between them. They belong to a tall person; the one persons footsteps I haven't learnt yet.

David.

Cautiously I open my eyes and try to act like I wasn't awake.

"Stand." He says pulling out his keys and handcuffs.

Obediently, I stand. Not wanting to know the consequences if I don't. I grit my teeth through the weight added to my left leg and fight through it.

"David. Please, don't. It's not her fault." The weak voice of my mother pleads.

"Too late for apologies, Natalie." He smirks taking my hands and putting them in the cold metal cuffs then basically dragging me down the hallway for my hobbling not being fast enough for him.

What the?! What's going on?! What do they mean?! What are they talking about?!

What's going to happen to me?!

A/N-

Hi again humans!

Two updates in one night! Whoop!

1.66k reads!!! <4

I banged my head in Spanish class in the whiteboard when I bent down to pick up a marker and now I have a bruise. It hurts. Why do I have to be so stupid?!?! Lol

I am having a partial writers block with this because I know where I want this story to go, but I'm having trouble getting there. Don't worry though! I'm working through it! I just don't want to rush this fanfic and then be mad at myself for not doing what I wanted, so keep calm everyone!! Fourtris will be back eventually!! We all just need to be patient! (Including myself!)

I cannot believe how many people are loving this! I try to reply to every comment I can get to! If I haven't gotten to it yet, I will! The Wattpad app has been giving me trouble with commenting, but I'm working with it! I'll get around to each and every one of you as soon as I can! <4 you all!!

That's all I have to say!

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4