Chapter 45 - Telling

This changes POV like a ton so beware!! *wiggles fingers mysteriously* Enjoy the chap!

Chapter 45 - Telling

Zeke

I run back into Shauna's hospital room and wrap her in a tight embrace.

They did it.

They hacked into the computer.

I cannot believe it still. They found Uriah.

He's not dead.

He's alive.

My little brother,

He is alive!

He's been alive this whole freaking time!

They found the Prior family.

They found Tori.

They found Tris.

They found Marlene and Lynn.

They found everyone.

I have the smallest voice in the back of my head saying that he could be there too, but the rest of my brain tells me not to get my hopes up.

"What has you so happy?" Shauna laughs attempting to wiggle out of my embrace.

"They found a way in. And Shauna?"

"Y-yeah?" She says tears starting a small stream down her face.

"They found a ton of people from here." I say as I feel tears start going down my face.

"They found Lynn and Uriah."

Shauna starts sobbing still wrapped in my embrace as I continue telling her what Four just told me.

*   *   *

Evelyn

My phone starts ringing around ten o'clock this morning while I'm eating breakfast. It's Saturday so I slept in because I don't have to work down in the main building.

The caller ID shows that it's Tobias.

He just talked to me last night. He never calls that close together. I push the thought aside and press the green button, putting the phone to my ear.

"Good morning!" I say cheerfully.

I hear sobbing coming from the other line.

"Tobias? Are you there?" I ask.

"M-mom." He says.

"What's wrong?" I ask now getting worried.

"It's her. We found her! Mom! We hacked the computer and found cameras." He says so fast I can barely understand him.

"Woah. Slow down! Found who, Tobias?"

"Tris."

I smile and feel tears of happiness stream down my cheeks uncontrollably as he goes on about what they've found.

*   *   *

Christina

My phone starts ringing right before I leave my apartment to head to work at the tattoo parlor around nine am.

The ID says that it's Four. He's been in Erudite for two weeks now on business for something. Why would he be calling me? I immediately pick it up.

"Hello?" I say.

"Chris?" He asks.

"That's me." I joke.

"I-'ve got to tell you something. Just pl-ease believe me on this because I'm not kidd-ing." He sounds like he is or has been crying by how his voice wavers and sometimes cracks.