07

Following Joe's footsteps, I'm led to a restaurant called Five Eleven Bar & Grill. Walking inside, Joe grabs us a table and we sit, of course facing each other.

"Come here weekly too?" I joke, cracking a small smile.

He chuckles. "No, not this place. This is just a here and there type of place when I wanna relax and have a beer."

I nod, looking at the menu that I was given.

"Hi, I'm Amanda, I'll be your server tonight. Can I get you started with something to drink?" a woman asks, walking over.

"I'll have a coors light," Joe grins.

"Sprite for me, please," I tell her, making her nod and walk away.

"How old are you?" he asks.

"Twenty one," I respond, grinning.

"You don't drink?" Joe asks.

I shake my head. "No, not really. I've never really had the opportunity."

"Really? How so?"

"I grew up super... sheltered. Strict rules and all. My parents never gave me the opportunity to drink even after I turned twenty one," I explain.

He nods. "Wow. You'll have to try something some time."

"Maybe," I shrug, grinning lightly.

Amanda brings our drinks before asking for our orders, not in the most polite way, I must say.

"I'll have the uh, 511 burger," I tell her.

"Same for me," Joe says, nodding.

She nods at the both of us, walking away.

"Well then," I say, laughing lightly.

He chuckles. "Yeah, I've had her before. She's not the best. Anyway, where are you from?"

"Um, Texas."

"Texas, wow. Big difference huh?"

I nod. "Yeah, quite a bit."

"My little brother, Nick, was born in Dallas, actually."

"Wow, so, you're pretty familiar with the area."

He nods his head from side to side. "Eh, familiar-ish I guess."

I nod, sipping on my soda, not knowing what to say.

"Can I ask you something kinda... personal?" he asks.

I raise my brows. "Depends on what it is."

He licks his lips. "Why are you living in a B&B?"

A small grin appears on my lips before disappearing. "It's the only place I could afford when I first got here a few weeks ago. It's the only place I can afford until I can find an apartment nearby, really."

He nods. "Wow. That really sucks. Is there-"

"I don't need help, if that's what you plan to offer," I tell him, a light grin creeping onto my lips once again.

He gives me a tight lipped grin. "You know it's not a bad thing to ask for help."

"It is when you don't know someone and you allow them to help you anyway."

"Is that what you think?" he asks, seeming genuinely curious.

I nod. "It is."

"Well then maybe I should tell you more about me so that you do know me."