05

happy saturday *because i didn't realize it was friday* friends:)

~

Second day at work and I'm starting to get the hang of what I'm supposed to do. Although, I know I'm being overworked already. I've been having to pick up tables all day. Apparently two girls quit last night. Oh well, more hours for me, I suppose.

"Addison, can you take table 12 for me?" Caroline asks, rushing past me on her way to the kitchen with a platter that must've not been up to par.

Taking out my notepad, I walk over to the table, seeing a guy sitting alone.

"Hi, my name is Addison, I'll be serving you today, can I get you started with something to drink?" I ask, giving him a friendly grin.

"Hi," he grins. "You're new here."

"I am," I nod. "You're a regular?"

He nods. "I am. I'll have water and the cheeseburger with fries."

I nod. "You got it."

On my way back to the kitchen to put in the order, a few girls whisper, glancing over at the guy I had just waited on, confusing the hell out of me.

"I can't believe he's really here," one whispers.

"I can't believe you're still hung up on him. I mean, they broke up two years ago," the other says.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I put in the order and quickly give the gentleman his water before checking on my other customers and walking over to Caroline.

"Hey," I say quietly, not wanting to make my question obvious.

"What's up?" Caroline asks, grinning.

"Who's the guy I'm waiting on at table 12? He says he's a regular."

"Oh, that's Joe Jonas," she grins.

I raise my brows, letting her know I have no idea who that is.

"You don't know who Joe Jonas is?"

I shake my head. "I lived a... sheltered life."

"He was the lead singer in a band called the Jonas Brothers. They broke up two years ago and Joe's kinda been doing very little since," she explains.

"So he's a singer that doesn't sing because him and his brothers broke up?" I ask.

She nods. "Basically. But he's a nice guy. Just kind of, sad I guess. He's always alone," she shrugs, walking away to her table.

I lick my lips, letting out a deep breath and turning to the sound of the bell ringing, indicating someone had just walked in.

After seating the couple that had walked in, waiting on Joe and finishing with a few other customers, I move to the back of the restaurant to take my break, ordering food from the cook and sitting down to eat it as soon as it's ready, deciding to take the rest back to the B&B for dinner later.

"Addison, hey! I just noticed we don't have your number on file, is there any way we can get that?" Judith says, walking into the room.

"Oh," I pause, biting my lip. "I actually don't have a phone. I'm working towards getting one I just haven't been able to since I just started here and am paying to stay where I'm staying and everything."

"Oh! Okay, that's no problem. I understand you're still getting settled. You're staying over in Christine's B&B right?" she asks.

I nod. "Um, yeah. If you need to get a hold of me, I'm always there if not here."

She smiles. "Great. Thank you sweetie. Just let us know when you do get your phone."

"Will do," I tell her, letting her walk away right afterwards.

Well that settles that, I need to get a phone, ASAP.

~

A few days later, during a rush, I notice Joe walk in and sit at one of my tables, leading me to rush over.

"Hello again," I grin, obviously rushed. "Having the same thing today?"

He nods. "Yes ma'am," he grins.

I grin, walking away to get his water before quickly taking it back to him... only to trip over my own feet and spill it across the table.

I gasp. "I am so so sorry,"  I tell him frantically, grabbing a small towel out of my back pocket and starting to wipe it up.

He chuckles, grabbing a few napkins to help. "It's no problem."

"I'm so sorry," I repeat myself, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

He looks up at me as I finish. "Are you okay? You seem a bit jumpy."

"I just," I pause, looking at him nervously. "I'm still really new. I-I need this job. I am so sorry."

"Hey," he starts, giving me a small grin. "It's seriously no problem," he pauses, looking to my name tag. "Addison. It happens."

I let out a breath and nod. "Thank you. I um, I'm gonna get you some new water."

He nods. "Absolutely."

Walking away, I take a few deep breaths, giving myself a moment before grabbing his water and carefully setting it on his table before rushing off to another table.

Lunch rush in full effect. At least he didn't realize that I was lying about why I was jumpy.

After Joe has his meal and leaves, I walk over to the table, cleaning it off and grabbing his cup to find a large bill underneath it along with a note.

Addison,

Don't beat yourself up too much. You're still new. You'll get the hang of it. Here's a little something extra. You seem like you need it.

Joe.

I look down at the $100 and a small yet confused grin appears on my lips. I slide the bill in my back pocket and continue to clean off the table before moving onto another.

Well I wasn't expecting that.

~

thank you for reading today's chapter!

comment and tell me what you think of the book so far?

much love<3

shan:)