06

*author's note: i decided to do something different and write this chapter in a general point of view instead of Addison's. Let me know what you think:)*

After a couple more weeks, Addison had finally gotten the hang of her new job. Sure, there were things here and there that she could approve on but nothing major.

One thing, however, that she noticed was after the day she spilled water all over him, Joe hadn't been back to the diner.

One regular customer lost because of her? Not the best thing she could've done within her first week at her job but no one seemed to notice that he wasn't coming in.

The generous tip he had given her came in handy though, it had given her the amount she was short to pay for a few more days at the B&B.

In other news, she had received her first paycheck that had given her three works worth of pay. At $12 an hour plus tips, Addison was able to get a phone and cellular data with Verizon so she finally had a way to contact work if need be or even apartment hunt.

Thankfully, today was a day she could do this as it was her one day off for the week. With the diner having a shortage of employees, she was lucky she even got today.

Laying in her bed wearing a pair of shorts and a tee that she had picked up from a cheap clothing store a few blocks over, FRIENDS plays on the tv as she scrolls through apartment listings in the area, desperate to find her own place soon.

Meanwhile, at the diner, Joe walks through the front door, peeking around before approaching Caroline at the counter.

"Hey Joe, how ya doing?"

"I'm alright," he grins. "Is Addison working today?"

Caroline's brows raise slightly, confused at why he'd ask for her. "Um, no. It's her one day off this week."

He nods. "Alright, thanks, Caroline," he grins, starting to walk away before biting his lip and turning back to her. "Do you know where I could find her?"

Caroline grins lightly. "She's staying at a B&B two blocks over."

"She doesn't have an apartment or something?" He asks, leaning against the wall nearby.

Caroline shakes her head. "Nope. Not yet at least. Apparently she moved here on a whim. Didn't know where she wanted to go so got on a bus and kind of just ended up here."

Joe nods, licking his lips. ""Wow."

"Yeah," she nods. "But hey, if you go looking for her I gotta warn you. She's super timid. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's good at her job but she barely talks to anyone unless they're a customer. She spends all of her free time by herself in that B&B and doesn't really have a social life. I've asked her to hang out after work a few times and she's never down to do so. Unless you guys are already friends and you just don't know where she lives, I'd be careful."

Joe nods. "Good to know. Thanks, again, Caroline."

"No problem. See you next time you come in!"

He gives her a smile, nodding before leaving the diner and walking a couple blocks over, finding a B&B and walking through the front door.

"Hi!" Christine says, coming around the corner. "Looking for a room?"

"Uh, no, actually. I'm looking for someone who is staying in a room though."

"Oh!" Christine grins.

"Her name's Addison?"

"Addison! Oh yeah! She's in the third room down the hall," Christine lets him know before excusing herself back to the kitchen.

Joe thanks her, making his way to the door before knocking.

Inside the room, Addison's head lifts off the pillow, confused as hell as to why someone's knocking. Unless it's Christine, but even she barely comes to her room.

Getting out of bed, Addison walks over to the door, opening it.

"Joe," she says, shocked. "Um, h-hi."

"Hi," he says a bit nervously.

"How-how did you find me?" Addison asks.

He chuckles. "I actually went to the diner to catch you but Caroline said it was your day off."

"Yeah," Addison nods. "Why-why were you um why were you looking for me?"

"I just wanted to talk," he shrugs. "You're new. I figured," he shrugs.

"Why would you want to talk to... me?" she asks shyly.

He chuckles, shrugging. "I don't know. I'm curious about you I guess. Like I said, you're new around here and not many new people show up in Eureka."

"Do you live around here?" she asks.

"Uh, I have a place in Willow Creek. It's about an hour from here, actually."

She raises her brows. "You drive an hour to have a diner burger, fries and water?"

He laughs lightly. "I like it around here. It's a nice place."

"Than why don't you move here?" she asks.

He shrugs. "I like my house."

She nods. "Okay, well, um," she pauses, not knowing what to say.

"If you're not comfortable, I can leave. I just um, I figured maybe you'd like to get to know someone," he tells her, sensing the awkward atmosphere.

"It's not that I mind um, talking to you. I just, my room's kind of a mess so maybe we could talk in like the dining room or the living room or something."

"How 'bout I do better. Let's go get some food."

She raises her brows.

"Not like a date or anything, just, two people trying to get to know each other because one of them is new in town and doesn't have any friends," he explains quickly.

She laughs lightly, nodding. "Yeah, okay. Let me just go change. I'll meet you outside?"

He nods. "Sure."

He walks towards the exit and she re enters her room, her mind beginning to twist.

Okay, Addison. Think this through. Should you really be hanging out with someone? Or even going in public. Or should I say especially going into public? I mean, this guy was a superstar. He's well known which means it would be easier for my parents to find me because I'm with someone that could draw attention to me. That's a bad idea. She thinks. Or maybe it's even worse. Maybe he actually works for my parents because he couldn't get a job doing anything else and he doesn't wanna work in the music business anymore. Or maybe my parents reached out to him cause they found me and don't want me to know so they want him to get close to me and then snatch me up. Okay, Addison, seriously, you're such a dumb ass. Why would someone who used to be a superstar want to work for your parents that do illegal things. Just, go get food with him and feel it out.

Shaking her head, Addison slips on some jeans, a different tee and some sneakers before grabbing her phone and meeting Joe out front.

"Okay, I'm ready." 

~

I, again, forgot yesterday was monday.... 

thank you for reading today's chapter!

so, what do you think? lmk!

much love,

shan:)