Twenty-Seven

I pulled up outside of the warehouse and parked next to the other two cars that sat outside. I recognized one car as Jimmy's. Chris and Karl are going to edit the footage from the other day for me outside of the warehouse so Jimmy couldn't see it and send it to me. When I walked inside, I found Jimmy sitting in a chair next to a little girl.

"Caroline, look who it is," Jimmy smiled when he saw me walk in, "do you know who she is?"

"No," Caroline laughed.

"That's Myra, she's a very special girl to me."

"Really?" Caroline asked, "she's pretty."

"I think she's pretty too."

"Hey," I smiled at Jimmy, "who's this?"

"This is Caroline, she's Jake's niece."

"It's nice to meet you Caroline, I'm Myra."

"I know," she giggled, "you're pretty."

"Thank you, but I'm not as pretty as you," I smiled.

Jimmy grabbed my hand and pulled me down to sit next to him, kissing my cheek. Caroline went back to watching a video on the phone in her hands which I'm assuming is Jake's phone.

"I missed you," Jimmy whispered to me.

"I missed you too," I smiled, "I've got a surprise for you that I'm working on."

"A surprise for me?" Jimmy asked, "what did I do to deserve a surprise?"

"You were you," I smiled, "it's not what you're thinking, but I think you'll appreciate it."

"Anything from you is perfect," Jimmy smiled, "are you sleeping over tonight?"

"Do you want me to?" I asked.

"Yes," Jimmy smiled at me, "I want you to sleep over every night."

"Then yes, I'll sleep over," I smirked.

"Alright Caroline, ready to go home?" Jake asked as he walked up.

"Yeah!" she giggled, "Uncle Jake, is Jimmy in love?"

"I think so," Jake chuckled as he walked out of the warehouse holding Caroline.

I smiled at what Jake said before I looked over at Jimmy. He pulled a small box out of his hoodie pocket.

"So, remember that gift you promised you'd accept?" Jimmy asked, referring to that promise he had me make last week.

"I remember," I smiled.

Jimmy placed the small box into my hand. I opened it to reveal a silver key. It was a regular house key.

"I want to give you an option for another place to go, that hopefully you will use," Jimmy smiled at me, "this is a key to my old apartment. I want you to move in, at least until you move into your dorm at ECU. And if you decide you don't want to stay in the dorms then it's yours to live in."

"I can't go to ECU..."

"If you can't pay for it, I know. But, at least you wouldn't be kept up at night, and you wouldn't have to worry about your mom or your brother or what happens when you get caught in the middle. You'd be safe," Jimmy brushed some of my hair behind my ear.

"You want me to be safe?"

"Of course I do," Jimmy whispered.

"Okay," I bit my lip slightly.

"Okay?" Jimmy asked.

"I will move into your old apartment."

"Really?" Jimmy broke into a wide smile and kissed me, "you will?"

"I will, as long as you come over for a sleepover sometimes," I bit my lip again.

"I will sleepover every night," Jimmy laughed before kissing me again, "if I knew you weren't going to fight about this, I would've given you a key to my house instead."

"Why didn't you?" I laughed, "don't want to live with me?"

"I do, but I don't want to push you. The apartment will be your space, to do whatever you want with. You'll be safe and you'll be free."

"So are you going to take me home?" I asked before I stood up from the chair and started to walk towards the door of the warehouse.

I still didn't know what that meant exactly, but I have an idea of what I'd like it to mean. Jimmy ran up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, briefly lifting me off the ground, earning giggles.

"I will always take you home," Jimmy smirked as he put me back on the ground.

We both got in Jimmy's car, and he drove us back to his place.

"I really expected you to fight me more about moving into my old apartment," Jimmy laughed as he ran his thumb over my knee affectionately.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"You take pride in being a pain in the ass," Jimmy laughed.

"I trust you, and I trust your judgement. If you think I need to move out of my home, I trust you," I shrugged.

"You don't trust Chandler?" Jimmy asked.

"I do, but it's just different," I giggled, "Chandler has never and will never see me naked, I trust you differently."

"I've never seen you naked," Jimmy laughed.

"Not yet," I corrected.

Jimmy didn't look at me, but I saw him blush at my words. He parked in his driveway and opened my door for me like he always does, holding my hand as we walked up to his front door.

"So about that last comment," Jimmy chuckled, biting his lip.

"What about it?" I asked innocently.

"Is that a possibility? Because I would be happy with that," Jimmy laughed as he opened his front door.

When we walked into his house, Chris was sitting on his couch in the living room.

"Hey bro, I figured I'd hang out tonight?" Chris laughed when he saw us.

"No," Jimmy insisted.

"Why not? You've never told me no when I've come over to hang out," Chis laughed.

"Well I'm telling you no," Jimmy laughed before he pushed Chris towards the font door, "love you buddy, but get out."

Jimmy shut the door on Chris, locking it, before he turned to me. He picked me up over his shoulder and carried me upstairs to his bedroom.

"You're crazy," I laughed when Jimmy dropped me onto his bed.

"Crazy for you," Jimmy smirked, taking his shirt off before crawling on top of me and connecting our lips.

I loved being with him, and I feel like I should tell him. Even though I had never done this, he made me comfortable. I don't know if it's possible for me to feel insecure around him.

"If you want me to stop, just tell me and I will," Jimmy said seriously.

I nodded, telling Jimmy he could continue. I was fully expecting for it to hurt, and be uncomfortable and awkward, but it wasn't. It did hurt, at first, but that's normal. Even though I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable.

"I'm crazy about you," Jimmy smiled, kissing my temple.

"I'm crazy about you," I smiled, cuddling up to Jimmy.

With my head rested on Jimmy's chest, I started to fall asleep. Happiest whenever I'm with Jimmy, but even happier tonight. Jimmy was lightly rubbing his fingertips over my back, and I was tracing small shapes on his chest as we fell asleep. I love sleeping next to him almost as much as I love him. I do love him, and hopefully I'll get the nerve to be able to tell him.