Thirty-Nine

"Hey," I smiled widely at the boys as I opened the door.

I stepped aside and let them in. Since my allergic reaction the other day, Jimmy hasn't left. I can't say I blame him, because I know how scary it must have been for him, but I'm okay. I would never do something to intentionally cause an allergic reaction, but I appreciate how much he cares.

"So what's going on?" Chandler asked.

"I have something to show all of you," I laughed, "so remember a few weeks ago when we were talking about my senior project?"

"Yeah after we found you in bed naked with Jimmy," Jake laughed

"We weren't fully naked," Jimmy reminded them.

I nodded in agreement with Jimmy as I turned back to the boys. Jimmy, Jake, Chandler, Bailey, Chris and Karl were all looking at me carefully, waiting to hear what else I had to say.

"Well, my project was about alternative energy, and I finished my project. I want to show it to you," I smiled.

"Wait, you finished it?" Chandler asked, "why show us early? That's kind of the point of the open house."

"Because I'm hoping you'll find it pretty cool," I smiled, "I had some help, so hopefully you like it?"

"You didn't ask any of us for help, who helped you?" Jimmy asked, "I told you to ask if you needed any help."

"I know, but if I would've asked you then you would've known what my project is and that would've ruined the surprise," I laughed.

I turned on my TV, that I had previously connected my laptop to with the video ready to play. I pressed play and stood off to the side as the video started, glancing over at Chris who winked at me.

"Once upon a time, MrBeast tried to power a car with lemons, and it didn't work for him. To most people, that sounds ridiculous and like it could never possibly be something that would actually work. I am not most people," my voice spoke over the video, "lemons contain citric acid, which can carry an electric current. I purposefully drained my car battery, so I can used citric acid to start and charge my battery again."

I was standing behind my couch, watching the video again with all of the boys watching intently. Karl reached back and grabbed my hand, squeezing it reassuringly, knowing I was freaking out that they wouldn't give a shit about my project. Chris has been in the background for so many things over the last few months; Chandler seeing new bruises from my mom, me going to that frat party, Jimmy kissing me after the frat party, knowing I'm terrified to let Jimmy down, etc. The list goes on. I couldn't be more grateful for that new relationship in my life. I've never had a lot of people to stand in my corner, but Chris does and I appreciate it.

"Holy *censor* you actually powered a car with lemons," Chris exclaimed on the video.

"I actually powered a car with lemons," I repeated.

After the actual experiment ended on the video, it cuts with Jimmy's outro with the normal explosion before it cut to a clip of Jimmy saying it was a dumb idea that could never work.

The screen faded to black and the boys turned to me. I watched them all carefully, waiting for someone to speak. It stayed silent, and my heart dropped. They hate it, they all hate it, it was a stupid idea.

"Well?" Chris asked, "tell her how incredible that is."

"It actually worked?" Jake asked, "you were able to make it work?"

"Yep, she did," Karl smiled, "Chris and I were there to see it. It was incredible."

"You were there?" Jimmy asked, "Nugget that is insane, and I like the touch of editing it like my videos."

"Karl and Chris edited it for me," I informed him, "that's why they were there."

"That's crazy, I can't believe you were able to make it work," Chandler shook his head in disbelief.

"So is that an overall yes that you like it or think it's cool?" I asked.

"Are you kidding?" Chandler scoffed, "that's incredible kid, look who's going to change the world."

"All I did was start a car," I smiled, "but thank you."

_____

So, this story is just about over, and I've had a great time writing it and I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it. Thanks for sticking around and reading my crappy writing.

Xx Carrie