Twenty-Two

There was a tap on my window, pulling me from my thoughts about chemistry. I watched the darkness of the night through my window before something small knocked against it, causing me to jump. Cautiously, I pulled the bottom of my window up and poked my head out.

"Myra!" Jimmy called from the ground below my window.

"Jimmy? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you. Now tell me how to ninja up there so you can let me in," Jimmy called.

"You saw me earlier, you have to go," I called down to him.

"Why?"

"You can't be here," I called.

Of course, he ignored me and jumped up, doing his best to climb up to my window. I climbed out onto the roof and reached my hand down to Jimmy. I pulled him up onto the roof outside of my window and couldn't believe him. If he were anyone else, I would've let him struggle, but I didn't want Jimmy to fall.

"Are you crazy? What are you thinking?" I asked.

"I'm not crazy, now come on," Jimmy laughed.

He stood up and climbed into my room through my window, leaving me dumbfounded about whatever the hell he thinks he's doing. I climbed back into my room to see Jimmy looking at the books on my bed.

"I was doing Chemistry homework," I informed him.

"I can help," Jimmy laughed.

"No offense, but I doubt it," I laughed.

"That was mean," Jimmy joked and playfully pushed me backwards.

"You know I'm right," I laughed.

"I know," Jimmy smiled as he laid down next to me.

We stayed there for a while, not really talking, just lying there next to each other. I felt Jimmy slowly move his hand over mine, so I turned my hand and he laced our fingers together. I like the way my hand felt in his, and I loved the feeling of his thumb running over the back of my hand.

"You have small hands," Jimmy chuckled.

"I'm a small person," I laughed.

"You're a beautiful, intelligent, and adorable little Nugget."

"I like the way your hand feels in mine," I mumbled.

"I like holding your hand," Jimmy mumbled back, "I like kissing you too."

I moved a little so my head was on Jimmy's shoulder. And we stayed like that, and I didn't want us to move. I like this, I love this. And then everything got destroyed. There was a loud crash downstairs and I heard a lot of stumbling and yelling.

"What's going on?" Jimmy asked, "are you getting robbed?"

"Do you remember a while ago when you asked me why Chandler hates my house?" I asked and Jimmy nodded, "this is why."

I let go of Jimmy's hand and took a deep breath before I walked over to my bedroom door.

"Stay here, please." I said before I opened the door.

I left the door open for an easy get away just in case I'd need it. I slowly walked down the hall and down the stairs. My brother was back, and bleeding slightly on the kitchen floor. Unfortunately, I was used to this. I grabbed the first aid kit from under the kitchen sink and got to work. Elliott had a few large cuts on his arms, he probably got in another fight or he crashed someone else's car again. It's happened a lot. I carefully cleaned his cuts and wrapped them. I checked his pulse to make sure he wasn't dead and knew he was just knocked out or in a drug induced stupor. I carefully picked him up to carry him to his room, but he was heavy, so it was going to be difficult. I got him up the stairs and to his bedroom. I laid Elliott down on his bed and got him out of his disgusting clothes. I grabbed a wet rag from the bathroom and cleaned up the dirt and dried blood from his skin before I covered Elliott with his blankets so he could ride out this stupor.