Ten

Life is stagnant, has been for weeks. Volleyball has been moving on par with the rest of the season, which is pretty amazing. We're still completely undefeated, and it's now the end of the season, our last game is this weekend and it's the state finals. If we win, we'll be state champions for the third year in a row. School is school, my grades are still great. My mom and brother are usual, which will probably never change. I usually see Jimmy once a week, he's been coming to all of our games with Chandler.

"Come on cap," Hannah laughed, "let's go have some fun, please."

"Fine," I laughed and closed my econ book.

Hannah and I left her room and made our way out to my car. I followed Hannah's specific instructions to drive to the mall, and not stop anywhere else on the way. When we got there, Hannah and I walked around for a while since we couldn't decide where we wanted to shop.

"Do you have your dress for winter ball?" Hannah asked as we walked through H&M.

"I'm not going to winter ball," I laughed as I looked through a rack of shirts.

"What do you mean you're not going?"

"I'm not going," I laughed, "you're going with Andrew, and I'll help you get ready and then I'll stay home."

"Myra, don't stay home. It's our senior winter ball, you have to come."

"Hannah, I love you but I don't want to third wheel with you and Andrew at winter ball."

"So get a date! Ask Jimmy to go with you," Hannah insisted.

"No," I laughed.

Hannah and I walked around the store for a while, trying on some clothes and ended up making a few purchases. After we left H&M, we went to another store to pick out Hannah's winter ball dress. I sat down in a chair and waited for Hannah to try on the dresses we picked out. While I was waiting, I opened my text messages. I didn't tell Hannah, but I got Jimmy's number a few weeks ago. It wasn't as big of a deal as she would have made it. While they were filming the spending 24 hours in a prison video, Hannah and I were hanging out with them, and Jimmy asked if I would ever be willing to be in a video and I said yes. So he gave me his phone and asked me to put my number in his contacts. And we've been talking a lot since. I don't think he's told any of the guys that we talk, but we have been.

Jimmy: We're filming a challenge tonight, do you want to come hang out?

Me: I'm at the mall with Hannah right now, but that sounds like fun for later

Jimmy: Good. What are you and Hannah shopping for?

Me: She's getting a dress for winter ball, and she didn't want to study anymore

Jimmy: You're not getting a dress?

Me: No, I'm not going, just helping Hannah get ready for it.

Jimmy: When is it?

Me: Next weekend

"What do you think?" Hannah asked as she stepped out in front of me.

It was a royal blue satin dress that had off-shoulder straps, "it's beautiful Han, you didn't like the other ones?"

"Not once I put them on, so do you think it's right for winter ball?"

"I think it's perfect," I smiled.

"Good. Now, there's one dress in that dressing room for you. I know you said that you aren't going but can you please humor me and just try it on?" Hannah begged.

"Fine," I laughed.

I left my stuff on the chair I was sitting on and went into the dressing room. There was a burgundy halter dress hanging on the hook when I walked in. I changed into it and looked at myself in the mirror for a second. I have no use for it, but I do like this dress a lot. I stepped out of the dressing room and Hannah smiled widely at me.