Twenty-Three

"So, how are you?" Hannah smirked over our FaceTime.

"I'm good, how are you?" I answered honestly.

"I don't matter," Hannah laughed, "how's it going with Jimmy?"

"It's good. He came over the other night, he just showed up and snuck in through my window, but Elliot showed up while Jimmy was over. So, not only did he watch me clean up my mess of a brother, but he also listened to me take care of my mom as she threw a bottle at me," I sighed.

"Myra, I'm so sorry he was there with all of that going on," Hannah looked at me sympathetically, "how did he react to it?"

"He just kept telling me how it's not okay for me to deal with it and how their messes shouldn't be my problem. And he told me that my family isn't a reason for him to not want me, but I can't help feeling like he's still going to disappear."

"If he says he's not going anywhere, I'd believe him. I don't know Jimmy like Chandler does or even as much as you do, but from what I do know, he's trustworthy," Hannah smiled at me.

"I just can't help this doomed feeling that he's going to leave anyway. I don't think the feeling is real, like he'd actually leave, I just can't turn off the feeling in the back of my mind," I explained.

"I get that. So are you guys like together now? Like as a couple?" Hannah asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. He told me he likes me, and I told him that I like him, and now we just talk pretty much constantly. But we haven't talk about that specifically, so I don't know," I explained.

"Well, ask him," Hannah laughed, "when are you seeing him next?"

"This morning. They're filming a video and he asked me to come to hang out while they film."

"What are they filming?" Hannah asked.

"Something Chandler is going to quit for a real dumb reason, like usual," I laughed.

"Honestly, I feel like if you were his coach, he might actually stick it out. He annoyingly listens to you, while also ignoring everything you say. No wonder everyone used to think you were dating," Hannah laughed.

"Shut up," I laughed, "he would quit the challenge even sooner if I were to try to coach him into staying."

"No he wouldn't. Everyone knows you are Chandler's favorite, and both you and him can pretend it's not true, but it's true," Hannah laughed harder, "I've gotta get going, we have group in a few minutes."

"Okay, I'll call you later, and I'll see you when you get back," I smiled.

"I'll be home in like a week, and I expect a full rundown of everything that happened while I was gone when I get back," Hannah insisted.

"I would expect nothing less," I laughed, "later Han."

"Later Cap," Hannah smiled before she ended our FaceTime call.

On the first day of break, Hannah left on a church group trip, but she'd be back just a few days before we go back to school. I always miss Hannah when she goes on these trips, but we still talk constantly so it's not like she's actually gone.

My mom was still asleep, so I made my way downstairs and out the front door without being missed. I drove over to the warehouse, feeling anxious to see Jimmy as I drove.

I walked into the warehouse and found the guys all standing around a Tesla Model 3.

"You were serious, they're actually winning a Tesla," I smiled at Jimmy as I walked in.