Chapter Fourteen- Act Two, Scene Fourteen.

This is back into Christopher's perspective. 

                        A few weeks later Emery and I survive at school, people have realized we're officially dating. The weirdest part about the scenario was Adrian; He has been shooting weird glances at me and Emery in the hallway. Every time I look up I see him, I cannot disperse how much guilt I feel for not thanking him yet. I keep brushing it off, maybe, there's a part of me that can't accept the fact he could be good. I knew that Adrain's mom felt obligated to do something, how could she not? She got a phone call claiming that her, "Son" was getting surgery. But why had she paid for it? When I went into surgery I knew I would be in inevitable debt to The Bonifacio Family. Finally, after dreading, I work up the courage to talk to Adrian. 

                      I break away from Emery's tight grip on my hand, "I'll catch up with you later," I say whispering into her ear. I slip my hand away from hers and kiss her cheek softly, she mumbles something when I leave but I'm not sure what. I gather up all courage left within me and walk over to Adrian who was standing by his locker. 

                      He scans me up and down cautiously, he's trying to figure out what I could want from him. "Hey Adrian," I say calmly hiding the fact I was nervous. I wasn't sure why I was nervous, as I said, I can't accept the fact he could be somewhat of a decent human being. 

                    "Get to the point," he says snarkily at me. He looked awful usually he looked in good shape but now something was off. I've never taken to much notice of him but now being close to him and talking I realize everything. His hair was such a light blonde it looked somewhat translucent. I realize I'm starring and I quickly shake my head.

                   "Sorry," I say somewhat embarrassed. He looks at me annoyed still implying that I get to whatever I came to talk to him about. Maybe he thought I would say, 'Hands off my girlfriend and this time and we'll be all good. No hurt feelings?'  That thought occurred to me but I had a suspicion in my gut that he wouldn't go that route again. I glance at him awkwardly and do a weird pose I did when was nervous. I tuck my hands behind my waist and bend my elbows together in front of my body causing me to be in an uncomfortable position. "Well, I just wanted to say thank you to you and your family for paying for the hospital bills. I know this seems bold but did you have anything to do with this?" I try and keep a genuine tone, I move my hands into my back pocket so I don't like a weirdo.

                   He exchanges a weird look at me. He casually looks into the hallway settled on a pint in front of him. I can't figure out what he's looking at but I'm sure he's fallen into the abyss as I once had, only his was different. "Maybe I did," he says so quietly it's almost inaudible. He's still fixated on the spot in the hallway, "My Mother accepted to pay for the hospital bill, my whole family chipped in. She's expecting you at dinner tonight, Chris, unblock my phone number and I'll send you my address." Before I can say anything he's gone and walking off into that once fixated hallway. I want to say more, I can't understand why he would help me especially now. I shut his locker noticing he left it open, I think about peeking inside but realize I'd be crossing a boundary. I open up my phone and find his number buried in my contacts, I unblock him and send a quick text, "Hey, It's Chris..."

                   I go off to my first period of the day. I couldn't stop thinking about how I'll have to re-meet Adrian's mom and dad. It's a weird thought since we haven't hung out or even associated since freshman year. He only talked to me to upset me and that's only because he likes Emery. My mind does a quick spiral. 'Oh my god,' I think, 'I know why Adrian keeps staring at me and I know why he helped me, no not me, Emery. It's because he likes her!'