Chapter two- My Rose.

On the first day of senior year, I was extremely excited because 1. the year you can stop caring, 2. you can escape from "jail" (aka school) and go to lunch. I give Emery a ride every morning to school, for some reason she refuses to get a driver's license she always says "The thought of driving scares me, Chris".  Caught up in my thoughts I hear the sound of my alarm clock nagging me to get up. I finally drag out of bed even though my thoughts have caused me to wake up.  I dragged out of bed sitting upon it grabbed a white button-down shirt and threw it on. I decided to put some blue jeans on and pull over my favorite hoodie (virginity rocks).

           After I finished getting ready I brushed my hands through my messy brown hair, got up grabbed my keys and started to drive to Emery's house. After the short drive, I reached her house, I texted her "I'm here Rose"... Rose, something I called her because that was her middle name, she hates her middle name but I think it's beautiful. She started walking out of her house and walked towards my car, I quickly got out to open her car door bowing theatrically like the dork I am. She said, "why thank you kind sir" bowing dramatically getting in the passenger seat. I closed the door once she was in and got back around to my side of the car. We had a short drive to school it was about twenty minutes away. We just kept small talk the whole ride, every once in a while I would glance over at her seeing her brown hair in the shining light of the morning sun and her beautiful light green eyes.

         I parked my car and made a smirk comment "You know in college I won't be able to drive you all the time" she stared at me blankly "don't mention it, hun" she chuckles. We got out of the car and walked to class she walked away without me realizing. I glanced back and see she already left "okay, bye" I mumbled sarcastically. I get lost in the confusing maze of high school, finally a minute earlier than I need to be in class I find my class. The first hour was Spanish which I technically didn't need to do because I'd already taken it for 2 years which is all you needed. My mom told me I should take it for my last year, so I did.  The whole hour was just an endless amount of rules and an overview of what we would do in class, the whole day was a bore until lunch.

         At lunch, we decided to go to our favorite restaurant called Parran's Po-Boys Uptown. We lived in Gert Town, New Orleans. Our school was a private school called Isidore Newman School. Going to a private school isn't much different than a public one, you would think oh more druggies more snobs.....partially true yeat a lot of kids who go here have a scholarship. Like me, I couldn't afford to go to this school but desperately wanted to go luckily when I applied for a scholarship...I got in! Emery was luckier than I and had little effort to get in, her parents are wealthy. I tend to spend most of my time at her house so she doesn't have to cram in the little trailer I share with my mom. Even though I and Emery have been friends since middle school and I tell her everything...I had never told her about my home life It's never been mentionable.

        Emery and I walked out to my car heading to our favorite place, nothing interesting came at lunch we just talked letting time pass by us. After we finished eating we headed back to school and back to class, the class I had after lunch was English with Emery. We walked in the crowded hallways together pushing through people along the way, when we got into the classroom we could sit anywhere we wanted so I took a spot by Emery. (Shocker right?) Class ended and the day continued...Emery and I parted our ways waving goodbye to each other as she walked to her beautiful home. I walked to my trailer opening the door to see my mom dr

unk as usual. She'd passed out on the floor I scooped her up in my arms laying her on the couch tucking a blanket around her and kissing her forehead.

       I guess people expect to come home and be able to tell their moms things to tell their mom "I had an amazing day" and the mom is just like "that's awesome...." my thought broke when I felt a tear run down my face. I guess it's fun to fantasize about the one being taken care of and not the one who has to take care of someone else. I wiped the tear on my face sitting down in a tight spot next to my passed out mom, the worst part about my day was coming home. I guess that's sad right? No one to hold you. No one to tell you It'll be okay. I support myself and I guess that's how this f****d  world works. I slid my bag toward me staring at my homework I had no idea how to do. Without hesitation I grabbed my bag ran out of the trailer to Emery's house.

                                                                         To be continued