Chapter Five- Dumbfounded.

I fell asleep easily after I had talked to Emery. I had been thinking about asking Emery to be my girlfriend, I mean we've been friends for so long! I was just worried about how'd she react. Would she hate me? She's shown some signs of affection, yet I can't understand what we are. I brought myself to the conclusion that I would ask her out...no matter what she wouldn't leave me. I got up early in the morning, I washed my face, combed my hair wore a button-down with black jeans, and I drove over to the grocery store before I went to school. I told Emery that she has to suffer and ride the bus today, I wanted everything to be a surprise.

        I drove to the grocery store and got white tulips with yellow roses, it was the nicest assortment and her favorite flowers. I went to purchase the flowers which were about $14.00 not including tax. I also had purchased her favorite candy which was cow tails, It seems quite odd but she likes Carmel. I put the candy and flowers in the passenger seat once I got in the car when I was driving to school my hands were sweaty and I was so nervous. I was already shaking, and I was 20 minutes away from school. After what felt like the car ride of a lifetime I finally arrived at school. I picked up the flowers and candy and told myself I'd be confident and if it doesn't work it'll all work out anyway. Sometimes you have to take a risk, right?

        I took a deep breath before walking in the doors, you can see her locker right as you walk in. I knew as soon as I walked in she would see me, coming towards her and asking such an important question that could ruin everything or make everything better. I felt dejected as soon as I walked through the door, for some reason I thought everything would have gone differently. I was laconic from my awe I could only mutter small words confused of...of what I saw. Emery was pinned up against her locker kissing Adrian Bonifacio, yes that's what I saw when I walked through the door. My mouth could not even close, I felt my arm drop and I threw the flowers and candy I bought away. I was so angry, heartbroken, how could she do this to me? I almost threw the flowers into the trash but I felt them wilt in my hand before I tossed them.

       Quick thing, Adrian used to be my best friend. So, me and Adrian were friends Freshman year, everything was going great until I found out he was making out with my girlfriend at the time. When I called him out he was emotionless, he didn't even care that he'd hurt me because he went and did it to all his other friends. After throwing the flowers into the trash I had no time to think, I walked over to were Adrian was kissing Emery and pushed him off of her. I thought to myself maybe he was hurting her, maybe it was just another thing to make someone jealous or angry at him. I pushed him off of her shoving him into the locker behind us by his shirt. "What the heck are YOU doing" I scream at his hurt, he looked sorry for a second but shoved me off of him causing me to fall on the floor. He grabbed me by my collard shirt "What do you think you're doing Christoper?" He asked with such an awful tone that made you want to vomit, "What do you mean? You were hurting her, leave her alone Adrian!" I stood up quickly and slapped his face. Now that I look back at that it wasn't the best move. He grabbed my hand after I slapped him with a tight grip "She hasn't told you yet" I look back at her with a tear in my eye trying not to cry, she doesn't lie to me, this wasn't even the worst thing she's lied about. She looked down at her feet almost feeling bad for herself, Adrian pushed me off of him walking over to Emery to put a hand on her waist. Emery looked at him happily and back at me "ME and Adrian are DATING!"

       I choked on the air that was left of my oxygen "I'm sorry, WHAT?!" She smiles and said again "We are dating." I stared at her for the longest time hoping she would say "Oh haha JUST KIDDING" no, that never happened. I regretted the next word out of my mouth, and they hurt me just as much as her, "Emery, do you love him?" A slight crack in my voice happened from the verge of tears she looked at him "Of course," she kissed his cheek. "I can't even look at you, YOU could have just told me. I can't believe you would do this to me, Emery. After everything I've done for you?" I bite my lip not letting a tear slip and she grabs my wrist "Chris---" I break away from her arm " I don't care, please just let me go." Before she can say anything I walk off to my car and just sit there, in silence, I lost her. My fear was now a reality, I knew she would leave now, how could she not? I was a douche, and I loved her, why does love have to be the most painful thing in the world?

          I didn't go to class at all that day, I just went to the park and read my feelings away. I bet you think I overreacted? I did, this wasn't even one of the worst things she lied to me about...I and Adrian have way more history. We met in middle school but didn't talk much because we both were shy, he started putting gum on my locker every day and one day even in my hair. We laughed it off Freshman year, called ourselves "Child-ish." I should've known he was bad news, Emery warned me to stay away from him. It was too late, I should've left him sooner because I found him and my old girlfriend having "Mouth-to-Mouth" in swimming class. I never even talked to him again, it's not like I did anything. He just likes to ruin my life, that's what best friends do right? NO wrong, they are supposed to be there I guess after that I never really trusted anyone but Emery. She was there for me, and now look where we are. The fourth day of school and she's dating my worst enemy. I was leaned back against the park bench with my journal in my hand when I heard an all to familiar voice come up to me. It was Emery, of course, she knew I would be here because I come here when I need to write. She sat next to me but didn't say anything for a while. "Hey," she said in a sappy tone.

                                                                              TO BE CONTINUED