𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 - 6

Janet's pov:

I woke up with severe pain in my head, I looked at the white wall in front of me. I remember what happened and I have to report it before they think something else. I slowly get up from the bed and walked towards the door. I peeked outside to check if anyone is there but the hallway is empty. Everyone here is sleeping, I peeked out of the window shocked that it is already night. I wonder what time is it, I searched for clock but found nothing.

I silently opened the door and stepped out of the place. I walked towards the main house carefully studying my surrounding. I heard the sound of gates opening and I looked at black BMW as it entered, I quickly moved away and concentrated on where I am going but I stopped as soon as I heard the familiar voice.

"Janet?" He said not believing his eyes. I don't want to stop, so I ignored it as if I have never heard his voice and knocked on the door.

"Janet seriously?" He said again. I turned around with bored Expression, before I could say anything the door opened revealing the devil himself.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I..." before I could say anything he pulled me inside and closed the door. Wow! Seriously didn't he not noticed the others.

"You know where is my room right?" He asked. I nodded my head at him, I couldn't utter a word because of this headache.

"Stay there and rest. Don't you dare to come down Janet." He said in the calm voice.

"Okay." I replied and went upstairs.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Luis asked worried.

"Better." I lied with a weak smile on my face, he immediately smiled back and left promising me that he will come back soon.

I entered his room locking the door behind and removed my slippers before getting inside the comforter. I stared at the ceiling unable to fall asleep because of this headache. May be some medicines will help me, will it be wrong for me to search for it. I pushed away all the thoughts and went inside the bathroom to search for tablets but instead I found sleeping pills. I took two pills with water and got inside the comforter.

I heard the faint voices from the downstairs but ignored it. I twisted and turn in the bed desperately but the sleep never came. I don't know what's wrong with me, this pills always help me. After few minutes the voices started increasing, I ignored all of them until I heard a loud gunshot. I immediately rushed out of the room and looked at the chaos from the top of the stairs. The man who I met outside the house is standing with the gun pointed at devil and Luis is pointing gun at the man. Casey was standing at the corner of the room scared and there was another two person at the corner whose faces I can't see but is looking very familiar to me. I slowly walked down the stairs and stand beside the devil.

"What do you think you are doing Mr Lopez?" I asked to the man in front of me, I can't call him father because he disowned me. If I do it will hurt my ego, I looked around and my eyes met my brother's eyes. I can say he is worried about something, that something can't be me, right? and even if he is I don't care, he is too late to be worried about his little sister now.

"And what do you think you are doing woman?" He shouted angrily. He is not much fan of me and he hates those who disrespects him. I ignored him as I stared at a person, who is standing in the corner with the gun in his hand and he is pointing it at the man.

"Thanks to God you said woman instead of daughter." I said looking away from Jordan. I wonder how Alison would react if she saw him like that.

" Janet you are not aware of this mafia." My brother said calmly and continued " you don't know this man, you don't have any idea about how the hell mafia works."

"May be I don't, But I have already chosen this and I don't want you to interfere in my life. Why don't you both just go back to the way you were living like I was dead to you all." I said calmly blinking away the tears now forming in my eyes. Whenever I look at him it remind me of those days which I don't want to remember.

"You are a weak woman Janet, if you think you can handle this then you are wrong. You are weak like you were back then, just because you have been accepted in the strongest mafia you won't become what your sister is. You will be weak, delicate and miserable little girl."

I am not hurt by my father's words, I have heard it many times and I am used to it. I did what should I have done. I walked towards the main door and opened it, everyone is looking at me but I am not scared of anyone here and I said it.

"Leave." Both of them looked at me, my brother moved towards me but I stopped him and said.

"No, The day you all decided to abandon me was the day you lost all your rights on me. I am no longer your daughter or your sister so you don't have to worry about me. As I said before you all can continue to live with the thought of me being dead." I said to them and stared at Jordan who was smiling. I hate him for hiding something like this but I know he is proud of me right now. Both of them looked at me for last time and left without a word. I sighed looking outside and turned around to the amused faces. I rolled my eyes and said.

"I am leaving." I grabbed the boots from the rack.

"Where are you going?" Jordan asked but I ignored him. He should explain his reasons first. I looked at devil and asked.

"Can I borrow your car?" He nodded and went to get his keys.

"Really! you are ignoring me." He asked.

"You shouldn't leave." Luis said.

"I want to Luis, I have to clear my mind." He nodded and devil came with the keys. I looked at them last time and smiled at the keys before turning around to leave.

I sat inside the car and left the place. I drove towards my destination, I know I shouldn't be driving right now because I took sleeping pills and I have a wound on my head but this is how I am. I increased the speed to 120 and enjoyed it like a crazy woman I am. If only I was on a bike instead of car, then it would have been amazing. After driving around few places I decided to stop at a hotel for night.

I entered the room and threw the boots in a corner. After removing my clothes I stepped inside the shower. I turned on the shower and let the water wash away my fresh tears like always, I shouldn't cry but I can't help it. Those words still hurts me like the very first time I listened to them. I think some memories can never be forgotten no matter how much we try to move on, we can't. No matter how much we try to heal the wounds, they still remain fresh as it all happened yesterday.

**********************************

Luis:
1. Funny but dangerous.
2. Third important person of mafia.
3. Handle all the financial matters in mafia.
4. Can kill you in blink if you get on his bad side.

Hope you all will enjoy this chapter🖤
Sorry for the grammatical mistakes😅
-rainlovie