Are you There?

We got back to Twinkie tower. Immediately, I pulled K/j/n aside.

"K/j/n? Are you there?" I asked.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." She sobbed.

"Do you know who I am?" She shook her head, "Buttercup, come here for a sec," She did as told, looking at her mother, "Do you know who this is?"

"No, I don't know anything! Please, let me go!"

Through her tears I realized, she's gone... her shape, her fall, her winter snows, her gusty blows, her lava flow, her starry night, and her lack of light... her eyes full of twinkling lights that could be mistaken for fireflies... it's all gone...

"She's... she's gone..." Before saying anything else, I walked into the bathroom. Why'd it have to be her? I'm such an idiot! The idiot that had to fall for her...

I hadn't even realized the tears on my cheeks until I heard footsteps. Quickly, I wiped them away and left, just as Poison walked in. K/j/n quietly sat on the couch, back against the arm rest, knees to her chest as she messed with her white BLI shirt while Buttercup played with her toys.

"Hey K/j/n?" I asked, but got no response from her, "K/j/n?" Still no response, "K/j/n?" She looked up, realizing I was talking to her.

"Oh, are you talking to me? My name's Y/n. I'm not sure what a K/j/n is, but I don't think it's what I am." She spoke softly and tiredly from crying.

"Right, Y/n, do you remember anything at all?" I asked, taking a seat.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that..." I tried thinking of a way to tell her without sounding crazy, "Are you going to kill me?" Her eyes filled with tears again.

"No, no of course we aren't." I rested my hand on top of hers, but she pulled away, "Sorry..."

"Why am I here? Is it because of Brendon? Cause I don't know anything. He's not allowed to tell me what goes on at his work."

"No, you're here because we..." I tried coming up with an answer that wouldn't make me sound insane, "... you're here because we want you here."

"But you didn't even know my name." She said, confused.

"Oh I knew your name, you told me your name awhile ago." She gave me a confused look.

"You're strange, what's your name?" She had stopped crying and wiped the tears away.

"Fun Ghoul," I said.

"No, what's your real name?" She asked, bringing me back to that night in the kitchen.

"That... that's classified."

"Fine, Fun Ghoul-"

"My name is Buttercup!" Buttercup chimed in, joining us on the couch.

"Buttercup? That's so cute."

"Well, you picked it out for me mommy."

"What?"

"Hey look! It's Kobra!" I cried as he walked into the room.

"Wow, it's a dumb ass!" He sarcastically said, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey! No cursing! Buttercup's in the room. I have a nice idea, why don't you go play with Kobra for a bit?" I asked the little girl.

"But I wanna play with momma!"

"You can play with her later, but Kobra really wants to play with you!" I told her.

"Really!?" Her eyes went big, "Kobra! Come play with me!" She ran to him and took his hand, dragging him to her room.