Chapter 26 (holy cow!)

• Dedicated to My fans, and every single one of you who read/vote/comment on my story! It make

Chapter 26

        After showering and a little self-denial, I made my way back down to the dining room.  I totally forgot about picking partners until Headmistress Samantha sent everyone a text message saying that they'll be picked as soon as supper's over.  I sincerely hope that I don't get Landon or any of those guys.  It, it would just be too weird, to stressful. 

        I braided my brown hair and tied it with a ribbon at the end.  I put on some shorts and a turquoise tank top.  I slipped on a grey vest and gladiators and made my way to the dining room.  I moved my hair into my face hoping that no one would notice me.  I opened up the door and quickly made my way to one of those tall tables that sit two, three people tops.  I felt eyes on me as I walked.  Well, darn, I was hoping it would work!  Oh well, I moved my hair out of my face and turned my gaze to the kids watching me.  I gave them my death glare and walked on. 

        I sat down on the metal stool and leaned my head against the table.  I can't wait till this all blows over.  I know I should talk to those friends' whose names shall not be mentioned, but I just can't do it right now.  I picked up the notepad and looked at it.  What I really need right now is some comfort food.  In messy cursive I wrote down, a slice of cherry cheesecake, a small bowl of vanilla pudding,  and smaller bowl of vanilla frosting, and a large glass of Dr. Pepper.  I flipped it over and leaned back in my chair waiting for my food.  I closed my eyes trying to relax but it didn't help much.

        "Hey," said Willow softly.  I opened one of my eyes and looked at her.  She looked like she thought I was going to yell at her.  Have I really been that mean? 

        "Hey Willow, Marnie, and," I raised one of my eyebrows," friend.  How have you been?"  I asked while looking at the friend.  Frankly, she looked just like Willow.  She has dark black curly hair that ends just past her shoulders.  Her bright purple eyes held only one emotion; fear.  Why would she be scared?  Whom is she scared of? 

Ninja aka Alexia: You, of course, you have been acting like a total butt.

Me: Thanks that make me feel so much better.

Alexia: I knew it would.

Me: Don't you have somewhere to go.  Like, the litter box or something?

Alexia: Hardey-har-har!  Just for your information, I just use that body you dimwit.

Me: Bye!

        "Oh I'm good.  Anyways, this is my younger sister Melody.  Melody, this is my friend Dae," Willow said while smiling kindly.  Ha, I knew she was her sister!

        "Huh, no wonder why you guys look so familiar!  Anyways, you guys can pull up a seat if you like," I said while picking up my fork just as my food magically appeared.  Cherry cheesecake, yummy!

        "Eh, got enough deserts there?" asked Marnie as she grabbed a chair from another table to fit the four of us.

        "I thought I could use the comfort food," I mumbled around a huge piece of cake.  I guess I looked pretty funny because everyone laughed.  Oh wait, it could be because I sounded like, because I cwud u the comfort food.  I even had to laugh.

        "Um, why do you have a bowl filled with icing?" asked Melody and I couldn't help but laugh.

        "It's not icing, it's just frosting," I mumbled while smiling.  I stuck my spoon into the frosting and ate a huge spoon full.

        "What's the difference?" asked Willow while her steak appeared. 

        I put my hand under my chin and looked thoughtful for a second.  "I believe that frosting is much creamier than that icing crap," I said while smiling.