Chapter 25

Chapter 25

        I stood shakily up and made my way to the center of the dining room.  I shook my head mentally.  Stop being a wuss Dae, go, and stand up there with confident.  I told myself. I stood next to Headmistress Samantha and looked over the sea of students.  There expressions reigned from shock to confusion to smugness.  Okay, okay only one person had smugness.  Stupid Barbie doll Britney and her ugly ways.

        "Dae, would you like me to do the honors or you?" Headmistress Samantha asked.  I contemplated that.  If I let her tell it, then I seem weak, but if I tell it, I'll more than likely die from humiliation.  What to choose; what to choose, it's a toughie.  I cleared my throat.

        "I'll do it," I said and Samantha nodded to me.

        I stepped in front of her.  "Uhmm, hello?" I started out unsure.  I heard a few chuckles and narrowed my eyes at the culprits.  "If you don't know, I'm Dae Lynch, and I'm starting my freshman year," I stopped and stared dead ahead at the wall overcome with stage fright.  I closed my eyes.  Just imagine them in their underwear Dae.  I opened my eyes and tried to imagine but it wasn't helping me very much. Do you know what?  I'm just going to be completely blunt about this.  "I'm the Savior and blahdy blah-blah.  If you have any questions, keep them to yourselves.  Have a wonderful day!" I said sarcastically.  I started walking away as I heard laughter.

        "Surreee she is!  I think someone just wants attention!" cooed Britney.

        I glared at her.  "Don't try my patience," I spat at her and moved out the way. 

        A hand snaked out and grabbed my shoulder, "Oh, but what can you do?  You know, except lying," she said snarky.

        "You have two seconds before I'm going to catch my shoulder on fire.  One," her face turn to uncertainty, "one and a half," her face stretched with a grin," two!" I said.  I thought of heat over my body as fury engulfed me.  I felt the warm feeling of the flames flicker over me.  I opened my eyes and laughed.  Britney jumped back at least three feet and looked at me with fear shining in her eyes.  I sighed and throught of the fire soaking into my skin.  As soon as the fires gone, I sigh.  "Sorry, shouldn't have done that," I said while I looked down guiltily at my shoes.

        "Freak," Britney snarled and almost everyone in the dining room erupted in laughter.

        "Calm!" yelled Samantha but no one was listening.  Tears stung my eyes as I ran from the dining room.  So this is how it's going to be.  I can't trust my friends, I have no one I can really trust, oh, and let's not forget about the whole school thinking I'm a freak part.  That's just freaking great, pun intended. 

        "Hey wait up!" I hear Connor yell.  Why is it that he always have to come at the worst times?

        "Leave me alone Connor!" I yell back.  I hear feet running and decide to run myself.

        "Hey, don't run so fast!" Connor complained as his the stomping sound got a little further away.

        "Leave.  Me.  Alone!  I know you have a thick skull and everything but you should be able to process that!" I yelled at him while running at full speed to my room.  I yank the door open and lock the door.  I pick up one of the desk chairs and put it against the door handle to make sure no unwanted visitor would come.

        "Hey," said a soft melodic voice.  Great, now she's here!

        "Great, now you're here!" I basically yell at her.  Her big brown eyes feigned shock and sadness.

        "It just warms my heart to hear you like that!" Alexia said sarcastically.

        "If you want to be sarcastic go take it to someone who wants to hear it... like a cow or something!" I say while flinging myself onto the bed.  The only thing going through my mind is, 'Why did I talk to Connor like that?'  I must be a class A jerk. 

        "Hey, I know you've had a rough day but don't snap at me," Alexia said a little angry.

        "Try a hard life," I basically growl at her. 

        "Oh, poor little Dae, at least you got to live a life!" she said pointing at me.  "At least you didn't have to spend your whole life being a little snot nose brat's guardian angel!"

        I glare at her, "Are you calling me a snot nose brat?"

        She puts her hands on her hips and smirks at me, "If the shoe fits!" I pick up a glass cup and throw it at her; sadly, she catches it.  Stupid angel reflex!  "Okay, now this is one of your problems," she said calmly at me.

        "What, that my Guardian angel is bipolar?" I said meanly.

        "No, your anger issue, you lose your head too quickly!  If you do that in battle you're pretty much dead," she while pointing at me.  She flutters over to Jacklynn's bed and sits down.  "Another thing, you hold a grudge.  Sure, a grudge can be useful, but it can also be deadly.  Just warning 'ya!"  I took in a deep breath trying to calm myself.  No, I didn't used to have an anger issue and I don't.  I'm just stubborn.  "Oh, and you're also way too stubborn," she points out.  I can't help but stick my tongue at her.

        "What can you read minds?" I asked.

        "Nope just your lovely mind!" she while looking at me.  Crap, then she probably just saw all the ways I was thinking about tying her up and putting tape over her mouth.  Well, if she didn't then she does now!

        "I hate you," I said glumly.

        "Only because I'm right, oh and a little cat told me that she was going to get her shots soon.  If you don't want an angry cat then don't get her shots!  Toodles!" she said while dissipating.  Stupid, dumb angel and her smart-alecky ways!  What did she mean about battle?  It's not like I'm going to have to battle anyone?  Wait, maybe it's in that dang prophecy!  I ran over to my student handbook, go to the page Prophecies, and look down at the one that says Savior.  I skim the line and my hands go stiff.  Well, crap!

.:. Just to let you guys know, it's an hour to midnight here and i have to get up early to celebrate christmas with my family so i' m so sorry if this is uber short!  I wish you all a great holiday and hope that this year hasn't been to stinkish! .:.

Question of the day: Favorite type of candy?

My Answer: Andes mints!!  They're just so delicious I could eat them for hours!!  Oh, and same with Jolly Ranchers!