Chapter 21

Chapter 21

        "Uh," came out of my genius mouth.  I haven't talked/seen Connor since the accident.  I won't lie, I was avoiding him but it was easy since he was avoiding me too.  He reached down a hand to help me up but I shock it off.

        "I'm sorry for knocking you down Dae," he said in a little voice.  He reminded me of a small child that accidently spilt something on you.

        My face was burning with embarrassment.  I held out my hands so my palms faced him.  His eyes turned to shock as I said, "Its okay Connor.  My fault, I really should look where I'm going."  I tried to step away from him but he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the dining hall with everyone's eyes watching.  "What the heck Connor?" I said as I yanked my wrist out of his hold as soon as we made it to the hall outside of the dining hall.

        "Just look at your wrists Dae," he said softly.  I glanced down not noticing anything at first.

        "Oh yes Connor, I am well aware that I have skin there," I said sarcastically.  I saw a flash of hurt flash in his green eyes before it went away leaving me wondering if it was my imagination.

        He reached out and grabbed both of my arms flipping them over so my wrists faced upward.  I looked at them more carefully and saw what I had missed.  Intricate symbols mixed with swirls and spirals tattooed my skin.  The color of it started out as water blue, then to a white color, to an earthy green, and finally to a blazing red.  The pattern matched exactly like Alexia June's wings.  I looked back up at a smug Connor in shock.  "What the heck happened to my wrists?" I asked with venom dripping from every syllable.

        Connor, however, was unfazed.  "It's the mark of the Savior, Dae.  I thought that you wouldn't want people to know so I pulled you out.  You can thank me again now!" he said with a smile on his lips.  I ran over to him and hugged him.  His body went rigid before he pulled his arms around me. 

        "Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I said happily.  "I don't want people to know about me, yet.  I guess they're going to figure it out really easily though, aren't they?" I looked up to his green eyes.

        He pulled out of my embrace and took of his sweatshirt.  A little bit of his stomach became visible and I couldn't help but stare at it; it's gold little perfection.  I snapped out of it as soon as the sweatshirt came flying at me.  "Here, pull that on.  It'll hide all of the tattoos," I looked at him weirdly.  He pointed at my forearms and I turned and noticed the same pattern wrapping around my arms.

        I breathed in a sigh of relief as soon as the sweatshirt was over me.  "Thanks, you're a life saver."  The sweatshirt smelled like detergent.  Its grey rough exterior was the exact opposite of the soft inside.  It sort of reminded me of Connor.

        "What flavor am I?" He asked me snapping me out of my weird smelling moment.

        "Huh?" I asked while looking up to see him looking at me with a smile on his lips.

        "You said I was a Life Saver, you know like the candy?  What flavor am I?" I stared at him and then busted into laughing.  I walked over there and put my arm around his waist and walked towards the door.

        "You're too funny, you know that right?" I asked as I finished laughing.

        "I know," he said while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.   I opened up the creaky door and saw Landon standing there. 

        "Landon!" I said excitedly and ran out of Connor's arms and jumping into Landon's.  I felt his arms tighten around me as he caught me.  He hugged me tightly and I hugged him right back.