Chapter 11: Better Left Unsaid

Mandy P.O.V.

Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep…

The familiar sound of my alarm clock woke me. Though I was normally punctual in getting up, I really did not want to. For some strange reason, I was exhausted and only wanted to remain in the comfortable position I found myself in. I was listening to the steady sound of a heartbeat while being snugly hugged.

Suddenly, I realized just how wrong things were. I tried to get my head around my situation without freaking out.

I was asleep on top of a man and I had no idea how we got there. Basing on the fact that my alarm clock was there, I was still in my room. My clothes were still intact and the person’s hands were innocently on my head and back. Still, none of that information gave me a single clue as to what happened prior to waking up.

I realized that the best thing to do for the moment was to separate myself from the man. He was still asleep so I had to gently pry his arms off of me. Waking him up may worsen things.

The moment I touched his hands, however, I immediately recognized who I was with: Loki. He had the same long fingers and cool skin that I had familiarized myself with. There was no doubt that this was him.

I sighed in relief knowing I was not with a stranger. Of course, that did not mean that I was ok with us sharing a bed, especially since I had no consent in the matter. He should a good explanation for this. I thought to myself.

I got off the bed and tried to silently leave the room. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my foot while I was walking out. I shouted in pain before I fell on my butt. So much for silence.

I heard Loki call out my name sleepily but I did not respond. I was more concerned about my foot. He eventually came beside me.

“Loki, what did I step on?” I asked him, knowing he could see it.

There was a hint of hesitation when he said, “Glass, broken glass.” He must have been the cause of it.

Since he answered my first question, I took the opportunity to ask him all had been running through my that morning.

“How is there broken glass on the floor? How did you get in the room? And what happened last night?” I must have sounded mad and desperate as I spoke.

I could hear Loki kicking some glass away before he asked, “Do you not remember?”

I shook my head in response.

Loki sighed and said, “You deserve an explanation, but I think it would be better if we discussed this where there are no hazardous items surrounding us.”

At his awkward sarcasm, I somehow calmed down and agreed. I tried to get up while he attempted to drag me away but my foot gave us both some difficulty.

He said nothing first but then shyly offered, “Would you mind if I carried you instead?”

It made me happy to know he still asked permission first. Unbeknownst to him, he was clearing himself of my negative accusations.

I nodded and immediately, he scooped me off the floor and sat me down on the bed. He was very gentle and almost modest in handling me.

“I suppose we should treat this first.” He said, referring to my injured toe. I could feel him lifting my leg, most likely to inspect it. “It appears to be a mere cut. No glass is imbedded.”

Loki used some kind of cloth to clean the wound. I would have considered this a complete turn-around from the roles we had just days ago. I smirked a bit but then I remembered what was really important at the moment.