Chapter 1: Nothing Like Us

Here we go:

Chapter 1

"Get the Fuck off me!"
"No Cheryl please wait!" I shrug her arms off me.
"I said get off me Kimberley!"

I quickly empty all the drawers and cabinets and shove my clothes in my bags.

"No Cheryl, NO. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! You have to believe me! It was a mistake! A fuckin' drunken mistake! Please you can't leave me, I can't breathe without you. Please, give me another chance."

I stop what I'm doing and turn to look at her. I can feel the tears running down my face, and I feel my eyebrows frowning.

"A drunken mistake? Hah." I pick up the paper from the ground and throw it to her face.

"Does this look like a drunken mistake? You holding his fucking hand with all those cameras flashing away, following you all the way to the hotel? Did you even think for a second that this would end up in the papers." Then I go back to packing and I can hear her sob loudly.

"You know what happens to me when I'm drunk! I end up doing crazy things!"

I huff without stopping my hands from what they are doing.

"And I also know that you cheated on me while..."

I bit my bottom lip, trying hard not to burst into tears, but I failed miserably.

"WHILE I WAS FREAKIN' WAITING FOR YOU TO GET BACK HOME
SO WE CAN HAVE DINNER AND I COULD PROPOSE TO YOU DAMN IT"

I got the small red box from my pocket and threw it at her.

"I was worrying if the speech I has prepared was good enough, while you came back home knackered and wasted at 5 in the morning"

"Cheryl.."

I pulled the last fully packed bag to the ground. I start pulling two bags at a time towards the door.

I quickly dialed my driver's number. "Lee, I'm ready, please come and help me carry my bags."

"Um Cheryl, some paps are here."

"*FUCK THEM, I don't care!"

I see Kimberley starring outside the window, "Cheryl, don't do this. Paps are all over our block."

"All over YOUR BLOCK."

"Our block" she mumbles

I open the door for Lee. "Sorry for screaming down the phone lee." He smiles understandingly, and I look at Kimberley. "Your block. Goodbye."

She runs towards me, pulls me and closes the door. She slams me back to the wall, and kisses me like her life's depending on it.

I kiss her back involuntarily, 'cause its those same lips I've been loyal to all those years. I can't help the tears that are escaping my eyes, and I can feel her hands cupping my face, and her thumbs slowly wiping away the tears.

"Please don't leave me Cheryl.. Please.. I can't breathe without you.. I can't function without you.. I can't love without you.."

Her forehead rests on mine, and I can feel her eyes looking for solace in mine, but I keep mine closed.

Her hands leave my face, and her arms rest around my back, which then pull me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Cheryl.."

"You promised Kimberley.. You promised me.."

"I'm so sorry.."

"What did I do wrong?"