Chapter Twenty Seven

AN: So a lot of people have said that my last chapter wasn't up to my usual standard. I found it really difficult to write the last chapter. The amount of people involved in the first few scenes and my changes made it difficult to write. I just had to juggle too many people. I'm hoping now that everyone is split up my writing will feel more like it usually does.

Now I have also officially decided that I fucking hate this arc. I had so many ideas for it and while I could see my changes in my head nothing fit together as I typed this chapter out. I can see certain parts playing out perfectly and other parts just don't fit in. Its like a puzzle with all the pieces that don't fit together. It took me months to write this and I'm still not completely happy.

Hunter81095: Air is technically the least common element used for healing. In many cultures it symbolizes purification (as you said) but water is more commonly known to be associated with healers. Wendy's healing abilities vary greatly in the anime and manga. Its actually sort of a pet peeve for me because her limits are all over the place.

Also it was never explained why Wendy is referred to as a 'Miko' by Brain. According to what I know about Japanese tradition a miko is a shrine priestess. Its not a title given lightly and she's never referred as such again. The plot point just falls away.

We also know nothing about Wendy. She is one of the most powerful characters with her dragon slaying abilities, healing and enchantments that can do basically anything. I wanted to give her a little more depth so I hope no one minds this added plot point for my story.

I'm sorry its late but I'm not dead or sick and its not been abandoned.

Chapter twenty seven

Panterlily realized he was awake long before he showed any signs of regaining consciousness. He kept his eyes closed as he listened to the world around him as he tried to figure out what was happening. He vaguely remembered encountering the enemy mages. He struggled to get his thoughts together as he shifted through fragmented memories.

He had initially come to check on Nirvana. He had been making his way back to the Fairy Tail guild when he remembered that the Prince warned him about the weapon hidden in this forest. It had been his last stop on his journey before he would return to the guild.

Once he ensured the weapon was still sealed away he decided that it was time to report back to the Prince. He had spent much of his time wandering through villages who had contact with anyone associated with the Balam alliance. He had gathered as much information as he could and realized that he could do no more being so far away from the Prince.

He had learned about this land, the people and the guilds. He had come to care for the people of this land. He even got to spend time with the other exceeds. Once he decided to return to the guild he realized that he was being followed.

He spent some time leading his enemies on a merry chase but it didn't take long for him to realize that one of the mages had the ability to mess with his mind.

Afraid of what would happen if the information he had fell into enemy hands he took a potion. He had been wary of consuming the bloody thing. It had been the reason as to why he waited until the absolute last minute to use it. The person he had gotten it from seemed shady. However in the end he had been cornered so he prayed that this would work.

Now that he was awake he found that his body was stiff and Brain had managed to capture someone. He waited as he felt magic being used on him and decided against opening his eyes. There was no reason to alert anyone that he was awake and conscious before his strength had fully returned to him.