Chapter Nine

Chapter nine

Mystogan walked into the guild after putting everyone to sleep with Siegrain by his side. Siegrain had returned with a bleeding lip from where Millianna had punched him after their talk. However when Simon told them that he knew something was up with him, the rest of them were forced to admit that there had been something off about his behavior ever since that day. Now that they knew the truth the group decided to tour the world.

They all felt too guilty to face Erza just yet. He did tell them where they could find her if they wanted to talk to her. He knew that they would go to her eventually but for now they were finally free to make their own choices. They wanted to see what the world had to offer before they came home and faced their pasts. He could understand wanting to get some distance before having to face the past. It was kind of his plan as well.

Siegrain had planned on speaking with her as well but he didn't have the courage to face her just yet. He needed to figure out who he was and what he was going to do before he faced her. He needed time, clarity, and to somehow figure out the man he was going to become. When he told Mystogan that he wasn't ready to face the whole guild and that he didn't know how to move forward the other man had a good suggestion for him.

"You spent most of your life locked away as a slave and then a prisoner of your own mind. Natsu wanted me to take Laxus on a job and beat the meaning of nakama into him but you should come with us as well. We'll take the long way and a couple extra jobs and explore the world a little so you can see whats really out there with your own eyes and make your own choices. Then when we get back Erza will be at the guild and you can talk to her."

He shed the name Jellal afterwards. Jellal had been a slave and a prisoner of his own mind but Siegrain was a wizard saint. He had officially retired but it didn't change the fact that Siegrain was who he hoped to be when he had been a slave. He was someone strong who had been in a position to protect people even though at the time it was just another game to him.

It was his way of reinventing himself and leaving the past behind him while baring his sins. Siegrain was a name he created in the depths of his own madness. He was determined to carry that reminder for the rest of his life. He wanted to remember how far he had fallen for future reference.

Mystogan picked up the tiny form his master and noticed the grin that was Siegrain's face as he did so. He barely refrained from rolling his eyes at him. Mystogan could see the humor but really did he have to be so obvious about it.

They took the master up to his office and once the door was locked he woke everyone up. No sense in leaving everyone asleep while he spoke to Makarov in his office. This conversation could take some so he would put them back to sleep when they left, or they could just silently travel away before anyone could see them.

Makarov knew about the Edolas world. He knew that Mystogan was the counterpart to Jellal on Earthland however several things always put the master on guard around the young wizard saint. Siegrain was supposedly the twin brother of Jellal and his record was spotless. It had been part of the plan that Ultear had created. She was the one who came up with the idea that Jellal and Siegrain would be twins. She knew that eventually the tower would be noticed and once it was they were going to blame it on Jellal while Siegrain played the council.

Makarov could sense darkness coming from him and he never trusted him. Now that Makarov was in the room with both boys there was nothing indicating dark magic. When he woke up to see both blue haired men together he had questions. There was also the feeling that something big was about to happen that was going to give him many headaches.