Chapter Four

Chapter 4

AN: People have asked why I wrote their relationship as being so centered on each other and not worrying about their guild mates. Like Lucy not wanting to see them. Here's my reason- Natsu technically heard Lucy die and there was nothing he could do to save her. When I wrote this story at the beginning when Zeref is winning and Natsu's spirit is broken. He honestly believed that he had lost the love of his life. I think that gives me reason to keep them secreted away from the guild and him wanting to marry her immediately. He already lost her once he doesn't want it to happen again.

Lucy needs time to come to terms with the fact that her friends don't know her anymore and will look at her like a stranger. They both just need some time and I need them to do something while the timeline catches up to the beginning of the anime timeline.

"Now where are we going?" asked Happy as they boarded the train with Natsu grumbling about death machines and how this was cruelty and that Lucy should have mercy on him. He stood in front of the train and glared at it before pouting in Lucy's direction and almost begging her with his eyes to just let them walk back to the manor.

Lucy rolled her eyes at his complaining and flashed her signet ring once more allowing them to board the train for free. They needed to go back and see what her father wanted to speak to them about before they went back to the guild. Her home was a pretty secure place for the two of them to plan their next move without anyone overhearing their plans. Natsu would just have to deal with the train because it was a six hour train ride and a two day trip if they walked and there was no way she was going to walk.

Lucy glanced outside the window and noticed that the sun was high in the sky and she could already feel sweat beading her neck. There was no way that she was going to spend two days walking in this heat when they could ride the train for free. She pulled Natsu down so that he could lay his head in her lap. It would all be over in a couple of hours she said mostly to herself since Natsu had his head buried in her lap. Lucy settled herself in the seat, handed a fish to Happy to keep him busy and pulled out the book that she bought on requip magic.

The Strauss siblings had already left the town wanting to get away from everything that happened. They also needed to report to the Master. They had left a couple hours after Mira had seen a healer. Lisanna tried to insist that they wait and check on Natsu however since he was unhurt Elfman agreed with Mira, They needed to leave and Natsu was looking after someone. Lisanna gave in knowing that she would be able to speak to him at the guild.

"We're going to visit my father Happy and then we're going to the guild. I always dreamed of joining Fairy Tail and now I finally get the chance to do so." Replied Lucy.

She had nearly forgotten to answer Happy as she got lost in her own thoughts. Natsu turned green and the train started moving. She ran her fingers through his hair fondly and rolled her eyes. She still couldn't believe that his weakness was a moving vehicle, honestly it was just so ridiculous.

She glanced down at her bare hand and almost frowned. It was odd to her to see her hand unmarked with a guild mark. She missed it more than either of them knew. For so long the mark had been a constant reminder of her family and the life that she had created despite everything that she had been through. She found a home in Fairy Tail and now it was like that had been stripped from her.

Her friends wouldn't even remember her and it pained her to think of herself as a stranger to them. Lucy wasn't sure that she could face them just yet. To her it had been just yesterday that everyone had known her, fought beside her and now she would have to start from the beginning. However she couldn't help but be grateful for the second chance that she had with her father.