Chapter Five

Chapter five

When Mirajane stumbled into the guild covered in bandages and her arm in a sling everyone stopped and stared. It had been a long time since the girl had returned to the guild that beaten up and injured. There was also the fact that Elfman had a new scar and Lisanna just looked tired.

The girl was covered in bruises and scratches but Mira seemed to have taken the brunt of the injuries in short they all looked like they went through hell and somehow managed to come out the other side.

The Master let out a sigh of relief that they all managed to come back alive. Even though it looked like Mira's pride had taken a harsh beating but it was also more than that. He hadn't been too worried when she took the job but at the same time Mira's over confidence was starting to worry him.

He was an old man and he knew the dangers of believing that there was no one out there that could defeat you. Mira had for a while now been looking at herself as invincible and that would not end well for her or her siblings. He had seen over confidence be the downfall of some good people and he hoped that Mira would not be one of them.

It seemed like this job had become a huge eye opener. He knew that the job had gone south before they called to check in. The hospital alerted all guild masters if one of their members found themselves in their care. It was a safety measure since many mages didn't have any other family.

He studied Mira when she returned there was something new in her eyes, something that he hadn't seen in her in a long time. She had known defeat and it probably had never tasted so bitter because she could have lost more than just a fight. She could have lost one of her siblings. She had learned a harsh lesson, one that only time and experience could teach.

As much as he hated to see the blood of his children he couldn't help but be glad that she had learned this lesson without losing anyone. This could have turned out very differently. The guild had come very close to mourning one of their own.

He called the Strauss siblings to him and the rest of guild listened carefully as they explained what happened during their mission but several things were worrying the master. He knew that Natsu had taken jobs near the town but why was he there?

He had received letters from the people who requested the job done. They all were thankful and he somehow managed not to damage anything but he should have left a day before the Strauss siblings attacked the creature.

"Natsu managed to save Lisanna?" he asked and the siblings nodded when Lisanna said something else.

"There was someone else with him. A blonde girl and I think she was a celestial spirit mage. When she blocked the attack, she landed in front of me. She opened a gate using a golden key and I heard her call the spirit Taurus."

The master narrowed his eyes, "A celestial spirit mage is rare. There hasn't been one of considerable power since Karen from Blue Pegasus passed away. She also holds a key to the zodiac and no one heard of her. That's a little strange."

Mira narrowed her eyes, "Master why is it strange?"

Makarov was silent for a moment before deciding that the information wasn't anything dangerous or something that she wouldn't be able to find out on her own so he replied.

"Celestial spirit mages often draw attention. To open a golden gate takes a lot of magic power. It may look easy but to tear open a hole in space and time, to punch a hole into the spirit world and hold that spirit in this world is not an easy task. Especially when you consider the fact that as the spirit uses its power, the mages power also drains. The Spirit is only as powerful as its owner."